Should i lie about my age?

I'm a junior in college and just transferred to my new school. whenever i meet new people, they all seem very surprised that im a junior not a freshman. i'm getting really fed up with this! i've been thinking about lying to people from now on: tellign them that i'm actually a sophmore

uh......................okay.

i'm 4

I really don't see the point in lying about your age or year in school. People are generally just curious and their surprise is a natural reaction as transfer students are typically rare in any undergraduate school. Just take some time to explain to people why you transferred, the curiosity will eventually dampen itself and you will become an inherent part of your new campus.

meh, he is 5, and the next person who posts should be 6 years old

Lisa!

Gold Member
What's next?So you're going to lie about whatever make people surprised about you and just turn to a person people expect you to be through lies?:tongue:

Borek

Mentor
It depends on sex. If you are woman you start to lie about your age much earlier.

Still, college sounds a lot too early.

unless you can get sex by lying about your age. then college is the perfect time

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
i've been thinking about lying to people from now on: tellign them that i'm actually a sophmore
Why don't you say that you are a sophomore and a liar ? :tongue2:

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Why lie when a simple change of base can accomplish the same thing.

I'm 34.

I am 13!

Why lie when a simple change of base can accomplish the same thing.

I'm 34.
52?

I should explore numbers more.

Borek

Mentor
I am 10 then; this way I even don't have to remember my age :smile:

turbo

Gold Member
I'm 38.

Hex

no offense but you kind of sound like a tool. id get quite a kick out of it if people were thinking i was a freshmen. hell, i find it funny when the seventeen year old girls at school think im a freshmen. here's what will really piss everyone off... what ever anyone says, just go along with it. no one will know what the hell is going on.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm 2C

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ouch, Even if those were seconds it is still a double life time.
I was just punching up that number (FACT(13)) in Excel. :approve:

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I can't wait 2C how that goes over at the DMV.
:rolleyes:

Of course, it would be fun to list your age as 2C, weight as 660 Newtons, and hair color as Natural Instincts #13. At least until they sent you back to the end of the line. :cry:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
:rolleyes:

Of course, it would be fun to list your age as 2C, weight as 660 Newtons, and hair color as Natural Instincts #13. At least until they sent you back to the end of the line. :cry:
I tend to think they've seen it all at the DMV -- including the jokers who think they're the first ones to ever put "YES" down for sex.

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I was just punching up that number (FACT(13)) in Excel. :approve:
Excel!?

Ha! I can punch up that number on my HP-27 hand held calculator (at least if I push the back in just right so the power switch stays on). My dad still held on to it after all these years and gave it to me last week. I received an abacus in a very nice wooden case from China (given to me by my sister) and a calculator all in the same week! :approve:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Excel!?

Ha! I can punch up that number on my HP-27 hand held calculator (at least if I push the back in just right so the power switch stays on). My dad still held on to it after all these years and gave it to me last week. I received an abacus in a very nice wooden case from China (given to me by my sister) and a calculator all in the same week! :approve:
Was it your birthday?
I want an abacus really bad. I want a really pretty one that has semi-precious stones for the beads. :!!)

I just happened to have Excel open to do my bean counting, so I thought I would see if it had a factorial function. I was kinda surprised that it did. I don't know why; there's not much I've asked it for that it didn't deliver.

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Was it your birthday?
I want an abacus really bad. I want a really pretty one that has semi-precious stones for the beads. :!!)

I just happened to have Excel open to do my bean counting, so I thought I would see if it had a factorial function. I was kinda surprised that it did. I don't know why; there's not much I've asked it for that it didn't deliver.
First time home to see the family since I graduated. :biggrin:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Excel!?

At least with an abacus you don't have to worry about batteries or power switches staying on. :biggrin: