Should I lie about my age in college?

• Thread starter mobiusdafrost
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of lying about one's age or year in school. The original speaker is tired of people being surprised that they are a junior in college and is considering lying about their year from now on. Others in the conversation point out that the surprise is a natural reaction and suggest simply explaining the reason for transferring. Some jokingly suggest lying about other things, such as their weight or hair color. The conversation also touches on the use of calculators and abacuses, with one person mentioning a teacher's success in teaching students using an abacus. The conversation ends with a mention of doing factorials on an abacus and a slide rule.
lisab said:
Who's old and decrepit? I actually got carded a few days ago! (OK so as it turned out, the guy just wanted to know my name so he could hit on me, but still...it counts!)
I never said lisab was decrepit. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
Who's old and decrepit? I actually got carded a few days ago! (OK so as it turned out, the guy just wanted to know my name so he could hit on me, but still...it counts!)

I liked the one liquor store that got caught selling to minors, so had to card everyone to keep their license. I felt bad for the guy who looked to be about 80 in front of me in line who didn't at all understand why he was being carded. :rofl:

St. Aegis said:
i'm 4
24? You're first! Giggity Giggity goo!