1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I report this

1. May 18, 2004 #1
    I would like some quick advice.

In my science textbook, I have found an error regarding the description of the Big Bang. The book incorrectly says that "within fractions of a second, the uni-verse grew from the size of a pin to 2000 times the size of the sun."
    If the book aknowledges that the Big Bang actually describes the very very slow evaporation of a singularity, (which takes longer than the age of the universe) then it is mistaken when it says that there was a huge "explosion...within fractions of a second". If I am incorrect in my analysis, please correct me. Also, I was curious, if I am indeed correct in my analysis, is there a variety of Big Bang theories such that at least one agrees with the book?

Okay, so the advice I seek concerns whether or not I should report this to my teacher. Should I? If I do, I intend on writing a back-up essay, proving my point, if it is correct.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted