1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I take Circuits II?

1. Apr 9, 2008 #1
    I'm and Electrical Engineer, picked almost all of my courses for the fall except 1.
    I'll be taking:
    Classical Mechanics I
    Complex Analysis
    Ethics for Engineers

I'm thinking of taking Circuits II next fall, but I haven't taken any differential equations yet. Looking at the book I noticed the class uses Laplace transformations and Fourier Series which I believe are taught in an ODE class.

If I don't take the class now I'd have to take it Fall 09, since I'm taking ODE's this spring, hopefully along with CM II which would be alot worse option than this fall.

I've done some basic ODE's that deal with RL/RC and soon RLC circuits in circuits I and Intro to E&M physics.

But I think taking Circuits II without ODE's would compare to taking CM I without ODE's since CM I will also use differential equations to solve for more complex systems.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted