1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I take IB Physics?

1. Mar 15, 2014 #1
    Hi Guys,

I am currently a sophomore and I am having some trouble choosing between IB Physics, IB Chemistry, and IB Biology. I can select two of these courses for next year but I can't seem to make a decision. All of them will be helpful for the fields I am thinking of going into, and they all seem like really enjoyable classes but I simply cannot choose between them. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 15, 2014 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What fields are you considering to study in college?

4. Mar 15, 2014 #3
    I am considering Pharmaceuticals, Biophysics, and Nutrition

5. Mar 15, 2014 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nice, those are interesting fields! I would advise Chemistry and Biology.

Just be prepared for a lot of memorization in Biology - that's a field that requires an immense knowledge base.

6. Mar 17, 2014 #5
    I'm currently taking IB Physics (HL) and Chemistry (SL) and they're both really fun. Biology isn't really my thing mainly because of what lisab said- lots of memorization (and not much interesting stuff going on, but that's just my opinion). In my biased opinion I'd tell everyone to take physics and chemistry. But considering the fields you're planning to go into, I'd honestly have to say Chem and Bio. (Although IB Physics is *really* fun!)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook