1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I take Physics or Astronomy & Astrophysics along with Aerospace engineering?

1. Jul 30, 2011 #1
    I was going to do a double major at penn state with aerospace engineering and either physics or astronomy and astrophysics. Which one would better help me get a job at NASA? physics or astronomy and astrophysics

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2011 #2
    Re: Should I take Physics or Astronomy & Astrophysics along with Aerospace engineerin

THE better is astrophysics guy thatsn the best of all

4. Jul 30, 2011 #3

eri

Re: Should I take Physics or Astronomy & Astrophysics along with Aerospace engineerin

What job do you want at NASA? If you want to work for them as an engineer, don't bother with astronomy or physics. If you want to work for them as a scientist, don't bother with engineering, and a physics major is best (or a double major with physics and astronomy). That better prepares you for graduate school, and you'll need a PhD for most science jobs at NASA.

5. Jul 30, 2011 #4

thanks for the help. it is much appreciated

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook