1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Should I take this course?

1. Sep 28, 2016 #1
    It's called the "International Bachelor of Science". I almost got into the Advanced Bachelor of science honours (physics) but my marks dropped a lot in my last 2 terms due to personal family issues.

I love philosophy, astronomy, physics (all of it but mostly space, special relativity and quantum physics) and I like SOME chemistry, because:
    I hate subjects that required decorating and memorising things, so I do much better in 'understanding' based subjects, such as Maths.

Anyway, the IBS requires me to choose one of the following fields to major in:

Biological Sciences
    Chemistry
    Geology
    Geosciences
    Medicinal Chemistry
    Nanotechnology
    Nutrition
    Physical Geography
    Sport and Movement Science

Do you think any of these fit my description or should I take another course?

Thank you in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2016 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Most people only get one shot at their education. I wouldn't try to shoehorn yourself into a program based on its title. Look around until you've found a program that's a perfect (or nearly perfect) fit for you. Even if you stop school for a semester or even a full year to figure that out, that's much better than suffering through something that sounded good to some random people on the internet.

4. Sep 28, 2016 #3
    Well, give my description, I'd hope I could get someone to give me advice because there is only so much information about a course online. I guess it's best to call universities and ask about it.

5. Sep 29, 2016 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

I don't think any of the major fields that you listed would include those areas, except that undergraduate chemistry usually includes some QM under the topic of "physical chemistry." (at least in the US)

6. Sep 29, 2016 #5

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

nanotech should have something related to QM....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted