1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I transfer schools?

1. Apr 5, 2010 #1
    So I'm finishing my first year of school at the school nearest to my home. The physics department here is very small and unorganized, and I'm not a big fan of the professors. It was only this year I realized I wanted to major in physics so the quality of the department wasn't on my mind when I decided to attend here.

I can most likely transfer to a more prestigious school (one of the best in Canada) where they have a lot of cool stuff going on and are much more focused on physics.

I think it would be a good experience for me to go, academically and personally. I would be paying a bit more.

Should I transfer or stay where I am?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2010 #2
    If you feel that you can't accomplish what you want academically at your current school, you should look into it.

4. Apr 7, 2010 #3
    Well I'm not really sure what I want exactly. I know there are opportunities here for research with professors, but the department is rather small. If I transferred then I would be at a school with a very well known department, a lot of cool research (people going to the LHC, etc) and that kind of thing, so it could benefit me for grad school by working with these people.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook