Should I transfer schools?

• Schools
  • Thread starter Frzn
  • Start date
Frzn
So I'm finishing my first year of school at the school nearest to my home. The physics department here is very small and unorganized, and I'm not a big fan of the professors. It was only this year I realized I wanted to major in physics so the quality of the department wasn't on my mind when I decided to attend here.

I can most likely transfer to a more prestigious school (one of the best in Canada) where they have a lot of cool stuff going on and are much more focused on physics.

I think it would be a good experience for me to go, academically and personally. I would be paying a bit more.

Should I transfer or stay where I am?

Answers and Replies

zpconn
If you feel that you can't accomplish what you want academically at your current school, you should look into it.

Frzn
Well I'm not really sure what I want exactly. I know there are opportunities here for research with professors, but the department is rather small. If I transferred then I would be at a school with a very well known department, a lot of cool research (people going to the LHC, etc) and that kind of thing, so it could benefit me for grad school by working with these people.

Suggested for: Should I transfer schools?

• Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies