Should i try another country before i get too old?

• Thread starter thankz
  • Start date
In summary, I have been struggling most of my life and am now at a point where I don't know what to do. I am currently on 10mg of prolixin and am not sure if I have schizophrenia or not. I am scared to stop taking my medication because I don't know what will happen if I do. I am also scared to move to another country because I don't know if I would be able to get by there. I would like to know if it is hard to get a job in the UK and if it is, what kind of job I could do.
thankz
here is my dilemma,

I grew up in the ghetto lol, no but really I have been struggling most of my life just to be free. I was removed from my house when I was little and had to live in group homes, then it was juvenile jail when I was 17. I had my first apartment when I was 15 and was working, been working from then until I was 25 when I went crazy with what I was told was schizophrenia but I'm not sure I even have that, I'm only on 10mg of prolixin and it's been that way for 6 months now and I haven't gone crazy yet, I'm supposed to be on 25mg but I can't trust the psychiatric industry to do what's right for me. when I first came out of the hospital I had private psychiatrists diagnose me and eventually I got down to 100mg of Seroquel, they say the minimum effective dose is 150mg but at 100mg I was feeling great, working out again and able to learn again. when I first went crazy I couldn't even read. I don't know if I'm actually schizophrenic or not but I'm scared to stop taking this medication, I can't get a straight answer out of my mother as to weather my father was actually schizophrenic or not (she lies to me). they say my brother is schizophrenic too but he was listening to the same type of music that was lacing us with schizophrenia so I don't know. now thinking clearly I went to my psychiatrist just wanting to get more medication and got into an argument over my mother being let into the session against my wishes and threatened him and walked out. he called the cops and as I was walking home the cops tried to arrest me,(and I know for a fact I wasn't going crazy) I pulled a knife on the cops (at that point I was ready to kill a cop to get them off my back), they tased me and to took me to the hospital where my psychiatrist tried to jack up my medication to 600mg. I lost the case against my doctor for the simple fact that the hospital (they were on my side at first) didn't want to go against a doctor. so I ended up doing 5 years in a mental hospital under conditions which I can only describe as torture, then was given a choice of 5 years in a rehab type program or 2 years in jail. I choose the 5 years in the rehab program because at least I'd have some kind of freedom. now my question is should I try living in another country seeing that I can't seem to get by in the us. in Maryland they don't expunge assault charges unless I get a pardon by the governor (which I'm working on now). I don't want to struggle from now till forever just to live, I can work but my current situation is making it hard. so should I just scan all my books and pack up and make a move to California or the untied kingdom. I'm going to give it 5 years and get my math done but by that time if I'm still not in a good situation I'm really considering just up and moving to a whole nother area. I'm not going through a john nash type situation, I read his bio and have already been through most of the stuff he experienced and I think I've beat it all. I've been though most of the east cost so I know what I'm leaving. in a year i'll be moving to either Fairfax,va or providence, ri where I've lived before and had family. I have no friends I can count on to help me, lost most all of them as soon as I went crazy, guess they weren't friends to begin with. the thing is I have some money saved up and I get a ssdi check and could work to supplement my income, enough for rent and food with a little extra left over for the necessities. I guess my question is should I make a move and where too. how hard would it be to get a job in the uk? I'm at the point where I have nothing to lose.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, we can not give you advice of this nature. Good luck to you.

1. Should I try living in another country before I reach a certain age?

There is no specific age at which you should or should not try living in another country. It ultimately depends on your personal goals and circumstances. However, keep in mind that the older you get, the more difficult it may be to adapt to a new culture and lifestyle.

2. Will living in another country benefit me in the long run?

Living in another country can have many potential benefits, such as expanding your cultural understanding, developing new skills, and increasing your job opportunities. However, it is important to also consider the potential challenges and sacrifices that come with living in a different country.

3. What factors should I consider before moving to another country?

Some important factors to consider before moving to another country include the cost of living, job opportunities, language barriers, cultural differences, and the overall quality of life. It is also important to research the current political and economic climate of the country.

4. Is it possible to move to another country later in life?

Yes, it is possible to move to another country later in life. However, it may be more challenging to adapt to a new culture and lifestyle as you get older. It is important to carefully consider your reasons for wanting to move and to have a solid plan in place before making the move.

5. How can I prepare for living in another country?

Some ways to prepare for living in another country include learning the language, researching the culture and customs, saving enough money to cover expenses, and having a support system in place. It is also important to have an open mind and be willing to adapt to new experiences and challenges.