Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should Politics and World Affairs be a seperate forum?

1. Mar 23, 2003 #1
    I think it should have it's own forum. It has mroe posts and threads than most of the other forums and debates in there get quite heated... (innocent look)

So why is it a sub-forum to general discussion?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2003 #2

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

nicool, i don't think it should only because this is a science forum, and the main focus is on the scientific stuff...

4. Mar 23, 2003 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Whatever happened to political science?
    (my roommate happens to be a PhD student in the field)

I also think it deserves it's own place.

5. Mar 23, 2003 #4
    There are lots of quote on quote "sciences", but like kerrie said this site wants to focus on field sciences and sciences closesly tied with physics. If we expand into secondary sciences we start to dilute the physics content. Obviously P&WA is getting alot of attention because of the war. I don't think topics about whether bush is dumb has anything to do with science or even should be near science topics. Thanks for the suggestion though Nicool03.

6. Mar 23, 2003 #5
    I could understand that to a point Kerrie but it isn't in the "all science" section.

It is in community along with how stuff works general discussion and homework help. (and PF feedback and Announcements)

But I see your point, and I see your point too Greg. And yours too monique:smile: :wink:

7. Mar 24, 2003 #6

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i guess u didn't see my point.... :frown:

8. Mar 24, 2003 #7
    What point? You have not posted previously in this thread...

9. Mar 25, 2003 #8

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

OK, i get your point. Next time I will post.

but next time you better at least try to see my point....!

10. Mar 25, 2003 #9
    I'm confused. haha No I get. O.k it is a deal AG next time I will see your point to.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?