• News
  • Thread starter EL
  • Start date

Should US invade Mexico?

• Total voters
EL
Science Advisor

Main Question or Discussion Point

Intelligence reports tell us Mexico are secretly developing WMD's to be used against US.
Should US invade Mexico to prevent an attack in advance?

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

You call this a thread?

Pengwuino
Gold Member
I wonder what "intelligence" brought this thread up.

The US already invaded Mexico in the past: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican-American_War

That and Manifest Destiny isn't the most popular political philosophy to begin with, but that thought faded away later in the 19th century. Highly unlikely that such a war would develop over WMDs.

EL
Science Advisor
Irony people, irony.

cronxeh
Gold Member
Heck yea, the logistics on this one is great :biggrin:

*smacks Canada* you guys are next! Make crappy tires will ya, why you little!

russ_watters
Mentor
How is irony a legitimate discussion topic? I don't see the point of this.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
russ_watters said:
How is irony a legitimate discussion topic? I don't see the point of this.
How about comic relief then? Perhaps this thread belongs in GD.

Anyway, I thought WMD stood for Washington's Major Disaster, namely Bush. :rofl: Self-inflicted on the US. :rolleyes:

EL
Science Advisor
So, I see about 100% of you havn't got my point. I'll be back soon to continue this discussion, meanwhile please read between the lines. Why did I choose Mexico? And isn't it funny this thread got locked because I couldn't prove my claim about WMD's! Since when do we need that?

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Please refer to the Politics and World Affairs Guidelines - https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=113181 [Broken].

2) Citations of sources for any factual claims (primary sources should be used whenever possible).

I certainly get the point - that being WMD has been used to justify the invasion of Iraq and the potential invasion of Iran. So, being fair, any country which has WMD's should be invaded by the US.

However, I do not believe that the US should invade any country simply because of a suspicion that the country has WMD.

IMO, clearly the US, and in particular, the Bush administration has been inconsistent in its foreign policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Pengwuino said:
I wonder what "intelligence" brought this thread up.
The same intelligence that brought us Bush? :rofl:

Sorry, but I couldn't resist the temptation. :devil: :biggrin: :rolleyes: :uhh: o:)

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Astronuc said:
How about comic relief then? Perhaps this thread belongs in GD.
But there was little effort to actually make it funny :rofl: Is it just me or do liberal ideologs have really bad senses of humors when it comes to politics. Maybe if it included some story about a mexican guy farting, that'd be funny :approve:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I think rather than ironic, the tone of the OP is satirical, or perhaps more accurately, sarcastic.

I don't know about liberal ideologs or their senses of humor. I don't know any personally.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Astronuc said:
I don't know any personally.
I thought you've been introduced to the PW&A forum? :rofl:

Evo
Mentor
EL said:
So, I see about 100% of you havn't got my point. I'll be back soon to continue this discussion, meanwhile please read between the lines. Why did I choose Mexico? And isn't it funny this thread got locked because I couldn't prove my claim about WMD's! Since when do we need that?
EL, the deal was I would re-open the thread IF you posted what your point was, which is Mexico has oil, so why haven't we invaded Mexico. We don't create threads here with no content and tell people to "read between the lines". You blew it.