Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should US invade Mexico?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. Mar 23, 2006 #1

EL

Science Advisor

Intelligence reports tell us Mexico are secretly developing WMD's to be used against US.
    Should US invade Mexico to prevent an attack in advance?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2006 #2
    You call this a thread?

4. Mar 23, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I wonder what "intelligence" brought this thread up.

5. Mar 23, 2006 #4
    The US already invaded Mexico in the past: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican-American_War

That and Manifest Destiny isn't the most popular political philosophy to begin with, but that thought faded away later in the 19th century. Highly unlikely that such a war would develop over WMDs.

6. Mar 23, 2006 #5

EL

Science Advisor

Irony people, irony.

7. Mar 23, 2006 #6

cronxeh

Gold Member

Heck yea, the logistics on this one is great :biggrin:

*smacks Canada* you guys are next! Make crappy tires will ya, why you little!

8. Mar 23, 2006 #7

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

How is irony a legitimate discussion topic? I don't see the point of this.

9. Mar 23, 2006 #8

Astronuc

How about comic relief then? Perhaps this thread belongs in GD.

Anyway, I thought WMD stood for Washington's Major Disaster, namely Bush. :rofl: Self-inflicted on the US. :rolleyes:

10. Mar 23, 2006 #9

EL

Science Advisor

So, I see about 100% of you havn't got my point. I'll be back soon to continue this discussion, meanwhile please read between the lines. Why did I choose Mexico? And isn't it funny this thread got locked because I couldn't prove my claim about WMD's! Since when do we need that?

11. Mar 23, 2006 #10

Astronuc

Please refer to the Politics and World Affairs Guidelines - https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=113181.

2) Citations of sources for any factual claims (primary sources should be used whenever possible).

I certainly get the point - that being WMD has been used to justify the invasion of Iraq and the potential invasion of Iran. So, being fair, any country which has WMD's should be invaded by the US.

However, I do not believe that the US should invade any country simply because of a suspicion that the country has WMD.

IMO, clearly the US, and in particular, the Bush administration has been inconsistent in its foreign policy.

12. Mar 23, 2006 #11

Astronuc

The same intelligence that brought us Bush? :rofl:

Sorry, but I couldn't resist the temptation. :devil: :biggrin: :rolleyes: :uhh: o:)

13. Mar 23, 2006 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

But there was little effort to actually make it funny :rofl: Is it just me or do liberal ideologs have really bad senses of humors when it comes to politics. Maybe if it included some story about a mexican guy farting, that'd be funny :approve:

14. Mar 23, 2006 #13

Astronuc

I think rather than ironic, the tone of the OP is satirical, or perhaps more accurately, sarcastic.

I don't know about liberal ideologs or their senses of humor. I don't know any personally.

15. Mar 23, 2006 #14

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I thought you've been introduced to the PW&A forum? :rofl:

16. Mar 23, 2006 #15

Evo

EL, the deal was I would re-open the thread IF you posted what your point was, which is Mexico has oil, so why haven't we invaded Mexico. We don't create threads here with no content and tell people to "read between the lines". You blew it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?