Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Show me how terms with Q disappear

1. May 6, 2017 #1
    The general Ampere force law equation given by Maxwell is:

ypori.png

According to Maxwell, all terms containing function ##Q(r)## will vanish after closed integration w.r.t. ##s'## because they will get reduced to functions of ##r## and the upper and lower integration limits will be same since the circuit is closed. I can only see how 3rd term vanishes after closed integration w.r.t. ##s'##. I can't see how 2nd and 4th term vanishes after closed integration w.r.t. ##s'## as I can't reduce them to functions of ##r##. Please show how to reduce 2nd and 4th term to functions of ##r## so that they vanishes after closed integration w.r.t. ##s'##.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted