Show off thread

• Thread starter david90
  • Start date
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I've been twenty-two years [+3] with my best friend and wife.

I can also wiggle my ears.

Evo
Mentor
The child of Evo is one of those people that can make multiple folds in their tongues, it's weird. She can just fold it up like a fan. The folds go from left to right, not back to front. I first found out when I was watching either Ripley's Believe It or Not, or the Guiness book of World Records and she says "I can do that". :bugeye:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The child of Evo is one of those people that can make multiple folds in their tongues, it's weird. She can just fold it up like a fan. The folds go from left to right, not back to front. I first found out when I was watching either Ripley's Believe It or Not, or the Guiness book of World Records and she says "I can do that". :bugeye:
I believe there is a gene for this. Are you sure that you're the mother?

I've been twenty-two years [+3] with my best friend and wife.

I can also wiggle my ears.
You must really like your best friend to keep him around the house with your wife.

Evo
Mentor
I believe there is a gene for this. Are you sure that you're the mother?
If it weren't for the delivery room pictures of a baby with long dark hair that matched the only baby in the nursery, I wouldn't be sure. She looks nothing like me. My in-laws were saying "well, she's got a lot of hair". When she got older and so pretty, they claimed that she definitely took after their side of the family. :rolleyes:

All the babies at the hospital looked like the Gerber baby, but she had long, dark hair, which fell out a few months later and was replaced by curly blondish hair. Now it's dark again. But she still has huge piercing blue, almond shaped eyes. If you look at my profile, that picture is of her.

With those eyes, all she has to do is blink at someone and they are hers.

Oh, and she's 20, single, and pre-med. <cough> Just in case anyone is interested. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You must really like your best friend to keep him around the house with your wife.
:rofl: Got me!

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I haven't washed my hair for over two weeks. I suppose thats some sort of achievement.

Livin' the grunge life, Kurdt?

sas3
Gold Member
The one thing I show off more then anything else would have to be my 13.1-inch Dobsonian "Odyssey 1" telescope.

I call her "Big Red".

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Livin' the grunge life, Kurdt?
Not since I show it off.

My Achievement -- I got a job in Google. They send me through the wires to look for good stuff. And I got here!

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My Achievement -- I got a job in Google. They send me through the wires to look for good stuff. And I got here!
Well this is a good place to find. Congrats on your job! So, you surf the web as part of your job?!? Good job, if you can get it :approve: !

OmCheeto
Gold Member
Ok. I deleted the picture of me on this thread.
Survival to old age is not something to be proud of.
People do it all the time.

My greatest accomplishment was restoring my boat that was built way back in 1945.
Purchased in ~1990.
In the water within 30 days.
Ruined within 5 years.

halfdnes.jpg

took me 3 years to fix. Looked like a bass violin and had a beautiful sound when thumped on the belly.

fauspa.jpg

Ran around for a few years and got totally trashed by a wave.

brokeboat.jpg

She should be back together in another 3 years.

Ok. Maybe it was an accomplishment surviving that wave without ending up like my boat.

And thank god none of my 4 friends died that day.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moon, do you work at Google as well?

Or am I misunderstaning summat?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moon, do you work at Google as well?
:rofl: No, just a couple years ago, we got that "who's online" feature and suddenly we could see how many spiders were crawling around here. It may be socially acceptable in Japan, but slurping when eating is considered rude here.

As in information "slurping"?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
As in information "slurping"?
I suppose. If you read the threads in my links, you'll see that it was more the image of giant fuzzy spiders descending upon the forum and slurping out our brains that was most disturbing. Bad choice of name!

Ok then.....

Oh, and she's 20, single, and pre-med. <cough> Just in case anyone is interested.
This reminds me of the joke: "Help! Help! My daughter (the doctor) is drowning!"

lol, she could of been a member of the X-Men, she had some super mean powers. I'm very happy she is a X.