Showcasing a Life Achievement: What Would You Pick?

• Thread starter david90
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary: Right behind you, Turbo. Pam and I are reaching the big 15 this year. This time next year, we will have evenly split the "before kids" time with the "after kids" time. I am utterly proud of the way our family is getting along so far.That, and I can leg-press 515 lbs.You've been twenty-two years [+3] with...You've been twenty-two years [+3] with...In summary, my proudest "achievement" is that my family is getting along so well and I can leg-press 515 lbs.
My Achievement -- I got a job in Google. They send me through the wires to look for good stuff. And I got here!

Physics news on Phys.org
Google_Spider said:
My Achievement -- I got a job in Google. They send me through the wires to look for good stuff. And I got here!

Well this is a good place to find. Congrats on your job! So, you surf the web as part of your job?!? Good job, if you can get it :approve: !

Ok. I deleted the picture of me on this thread.
Survival to old age is not something to be proud of.
People do it all the time.

My greatest accomplishment was restoring my boat that was built way back in 1945.
Purchased in ~1990.
In the water within 30 days.
Ruined within 5 years.

halfdnes.jpg

took me 3 years to fix. Looked like a bass violin and had a beautiful sound when thumped on the belly.

fauspa.jpg

Ran around for a few years and got totally trashed by a wave.

brokeboat.jpg

She should be back together in another 3 years.

Ok. Maybe it was an accomplishment surviving that wave without ending up like my boat.

And thank god none of my 4 friends died that day.

Moon, do you work at Google as well?

Or am I misunderstaning summat?

binzing said:
Moon, do you work at Google as well?

:rofl: No, just a couple years ago, we got that "who's online" feature and suddenly we could see how many spiders were crawling around here. It may be socially acceptable in Japan, but slurping when eating is considered rude here.

As in information "slurping"?

binzing said:
As in information "slurping"?

I suppose. If you read the threads in my links, you'll see that it was more the image of giant fuzzy spiders descending upon the forum and slurping out our brains that was most disturbing. Bad choice of name!

Ok then...

Evo said:
Oh, and she's 20, single, and pre-med. <cough> Just in case anyone is interested.
This reminds me of the joke: "Help! Help! My daughter (the doctor) is drowning!"

lol, she could of been a member of the X-Men, she had some super mean powers. I'm very happy she is a X.

<h2>1. What is the purpose of showcasing a life achievement?</h2><p>The purpose of showcasing a life achievement is to celebrate and recognize an individual's significant accomplishments and contributions throughout their lifetime. It can serve as a source of inspiration and motivation for others to strive for their own goals and successes.</p><h2>2. How do you choose which life achievement to showcase?</h2><p>Choosing which life achievement to showcase depends on the individual's personal values and goals. It could be a career milestone, a personal accomplishment, or a contribution to society that holds special meaning to them.</p><h2>3. What are some effective ways to showcase a life achievement?</h2><p>Some effective ways to showcase a life achievement include creating a portfolio or presentation that highlights the accomplishment, organizing a celebratory event or ceremony, or sharing the achievement through social media or other platforms.</p><h2>4. How can showcasing a life achievement benefit the individual?</h2><p>Showcasing a life achievement can benefit the individual by boosting their self-esteem and confidence, providing a sense of fulfillment and pride, and potentially opening up new opportunities or connections in their personal or professional life.</p><h2>5. Is it necessary to showcase a life achievement in order to be successful?</h2><p>No, showcasing a life achievement is not necessary to be successful. Success is subjective and can be defined in many different ways. Some individuals may choose to showcase their achievements, while others may prefer to keep them private. What matters most is the personal satisfaction and fulfillment gained from the achievement itself.</p>

1. What is the purpose of showcasing a life achievement?

The purpose of showcasing a life achievement is to celebrate and recognize an individual's significant accomplishments and contributions throughout their lifetime. It can serve as a source of inspiration and motivation for others to strive for their own goals and successes.

2. How do you choose which life achievement to showcase?

Choosing which life achievement to showcase depends on the individual's personal values and goals. It could be a career milestone, a personal accomplishment, or a contribution to society that holds special meaning to them.

3. What are some effective ways to showcase a life achievement?

Some effective ways to showcase a life achievement include creating a portfolio or presentation that highlights the accomplishment, organizing a celebratory event or ceremony, or sharing the achievement through social media or other platforms.

4. How can showcasing a life achievement benefit the individual?

Showcasing a life achievement can benefit the individual by boosting their self-esteem and confidence, providing a sense of fulfillment and pride, and potentially opening up new opportunities or connections in their personal or professional life.

5. Is it necessary to showcase a life achievement in order to be successful?

No, showcasing a life achievement is not necessary to be successful. Success is subjective and can be defined in many different ways. Some individuals may choose to showcase their achievements, while others may prefer to keep them private. What matters most is the personal satisfaction and fulfillment gained from the achievement itself.