Random Thoughts: A Journey Through the Mind

In summary, when you work out, you need to focus on your breathing in order to maintain concentration. This is especially important when you are transitioning from high intensity to moderate.
Algr said:
Well... what music has changed the world the most? (Outside of influencing other music?)

Likes pinball1970 and topsquark
Physics news on Phys.org
Algr said:
Well... what music has changed the world the most? (Outside of influencing other music?)
Religious chant.

How long until Facebook [Meta] is populated by chatbots all arguing with each other?

Ivan Seeking said:
How long until Facebook [Meta] is populated by chatbots all arguing with each other?
Wasn't that about 3 years ago?

• Haha
Likes Borg, pinball1970 and Ivan Seeking
PeroK said:
Thought from today's shower: what if there were a Nobel prize for music?
This post has been driving me nuts. If it's just popular music then I could have a good crack at it but to include all music would be so difficult to narrow down without having a detailed knowledge of all the genres.
For me three contenders.
Popular, show (musical and film) and Jazz.
Perhaps I'll do a poll in the music category.

Likes PeroK
This song has gone where few songs have ever gone before! Where is it now?

Ivan Seeking said:
This song has gone where few songs have ever gone before! Where is it now?

about 14.4 billion miles out.

I always thought this was so cool! The man was forgotten in his own time [died a horrible death] but his work may outlast the earth itself!

Posts discussing UFOs have been deleted. Let's keep it light here, thanks.

Likes strangerep, Bystander and PeroK
PeroK said:
Thought from today's shower: what if there were a Nobel prize for music?
Dylan got a Nobel Prize for his music.

• Wow
Likes Ivan Seeking
BillTre said:
Dylan got a Nobel Prize for his music.
1676335215009.png

I had no idea!!! WOW!!!
Bob Dylan
The Nobel Prize in Literature 2016
Born: 24 May 1941, Duluth, MN, USA
Prize motivation: “for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition”
Prize share: 1/1
https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/literature/2016/dylan/facts/

Likes BillTre
That owl would be a good surprise emoticon.

BillTre said:
That owl would be a good surprise emoticon.
It is now. :)

Just a big one!

Likes BillTre
1676336133051.png

Happy now? :oldbiggrin:

• Haha
Likes Ivan Seeking
Hamiltonian said:
After you die, you'll still receive emails for years.
renderTimingPixel.png
My grandpa died and his Medical Insurance company kept mailing him ‘Health and Lifestyle’ Magazines. It annoyed me and upset me as he was a flawed man but a good man. After several years I sent them all back unopened and wrote on the front of each magazine.....”My grandfather Joseph Alexander died 3 years ago, please stop sending these magazines to him as his Health couldn’t be worse and his Lifestyle is unlikely to change.”.

• Care
Likes malawi_glenn, BillTre and pinball1970
surffoil said:
My grandpa died and his Medical Insurance company kept mailing him ‘Health and Lifestyle’ Magazines. It annoyed me and upset me as he was a flawed man but a good man. After several years I sent them all back unopened and wrote on the front of each magazine.....”My grandfather Joseph Alexander died 3 years ago, please stop sending these magazines to him as his Health couldn’t be worse and his Lifestyle is unlikely to change.”.
An ex-colleague died in tragic circumstances in 2010.

Sometime later I received an alert from his linked in asking me to “link” to him, like it was from him.

I think there was an image of him too.

Very spooky for about 2 seconds before I realized it was just one of those automatic things.

Still freaks me out that his life stopped abruptly at 35, two young children and that’s it.

frost_zero said:
The sun could have exploded at this moment and you wouldn't know it until 8 minutes have passed
If the sun exploded, you would not know it when the wave front got here. The wave front would be moving at very close to the speed of light. Your nerve impulses move very much slower than that, something in the neighborhood of 100 m/s. So, by the time your nerve impulses traveled from any part of you to your brain, you would no longer have nerves.

Likes Bystander
I often Ponder that as no one knows the Nature of Time, the force or whatever is still out there to be found. And I wonder what could be all around us, equal, indivisible , yet so far, unknown.