Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sick, sick, sick

1. Feb 13, 2004 #1
    Has everyone read the polyamorousness-thread in the philosophy forum?

How come I am the only person who is against polyamorous realtionships? Am I unnormal? Am I outdated?

Is there anyone who thinks that is sick, aweful, terrible, immoral etc etc etc???

Why am I always the only one?

Why are all people so sick and "modernised"?

Hey we live in a modern world, we can do anything. BLA BLA BLA. BULL****! F****** bull****. "Do you care if we think like that??" What is the problem? Polyamorous relationships are a healthy experience! An experience to cherish and appreciate and learn from. Halleluja! What the f*** is wrong with people?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 13, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Get a life.

- Warren

4. Feb 13, 2004 #3
    I don't need to hear from you.

You are as pompus and arrogant as most here.

5. Feb 13, 2004 #4
    what is polyarmorus?

6. Feb 13, 2004 #5

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"Polyamorous" is a sexual preference for parrots.

Oh, wait, this isn't the "Ask A Stupid Question, Get A Stupid Answer" thread...

7. Feb 13, 2004 #6

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You don't get to choose who posts to your threads here. And who says I'm pompous and arrogant? You're the one saying that people who disagree with you should be killed.

- Warren

8. Feb 13, 2004 #7

rofl, warren looks like we all need to bow to him and call him hail the king! rofl.

9. Feb 13, 2004 #8

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Um, what?

- Warren

10. Feb 13, 2004 #9

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I'm personally against it, but its not something to get worked up about. This is a discussion forum, nothing more.

11. Feb 13, 2004 #10
    If polyamorism is a sexual preference for parrots, then I guess that most polyamorists are those shanty sea-captains arrrhhh mateys. Parrot off ye starboard side! Thar she blows! HARRRRR. bah, im getting myself off-subject.

As it would suggest, poly - many, amor - love. I personally have no opinion, as I am lonely on valentines day and I dont care a hoot.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  12. Feb 13, 2004 #11

LURCH

Science Advisor

I agree with you Thallium, I just don't get over to the Philosophy Forum very often.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  13. Feb 13, 2004 #12
    Some would say that you dont get something without asking for it?

So now the preverbial sentance normally given by numurous Parrots:WHO'S A PRETTY BOY THEN? can be thought of as instigating such relationships!

Parrots(not the shy one's!) have a lot to answer for!

14. Feb 14, 2004 #13
    rofll, how's your gf? she dropped you? try match.com is good.

15. Feb 14, 2004 #14
    Thallium, I can assure that you are in the majority of the world's popluation as far as opinion on polyamorousness goes. However, the demographics for those who post in a philosophy forum on a website dedicated to physics (and also science, in general) are different from the general population.

My explanation would be that it tends to attract more open-minded, critically-thinking people, but I wouldn't be surprised if you disagreed with that appraisal.

16. Feb 15, 2004 #15
    No that's ok. But then it is not always positive being open.
    Right now I am trying to think of the reason why a monoamorous relationship is the best. Perhaps I will make a post about that later.

17. Feb 16, 2004 #16

jimmy p

Gold Member

So Polyamorous is loving more than one person?? Well what type of love do you mean, you can love your parner and you can love your friends.

18. Feb 16, 2004 #17
    I am at spymac.com after version 1 and have seen these types of ppl all the time with the ever growing spymac (almost 40k members) and I guess there are some in ever forum.

19. Feb 16, 2004 #18

jimmy p

Gold Member

this is confusing...are polyamorous people like bigomists or polygomists?

20. Feb 16, 2004 #19
    I never bothered reading the thread (although I do like the Philosophy forum) because threads like that have a tendency to degenrate into a boring argument over the standards of morality with the Moralists on one side shouting in favor of universal morality and in-fighting over what society needs to base the standards of universal morality on (Theists on one side pounding their fists on the Bible and atheists on the other pounding their fists on their Philosophy textbooks), the Pseudo-Anarchists shouting their own propaganda and dogma the Nihilists telling everyone that it doesn't matter (I have always wanted to ask them why they bother posting if nothing matters) etc...
    I don't want to waste my time on such things.
    You want to be Polyamorous, go ahead.
    If you don't, don't.
    If you want to shout moral abiguities and false reasoning condemning all those that disagree with you, don't expect me to listen.

I guess I will wander over there to read what was said.
    Maybe some valid arguments were made this time around.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?