Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Signal meters

  1. Oct 13, 2006 #1
    Is there any kind of signal meter that can take an analog output of rotational velocity, angle etc. and show it in its full form. If there is meters like this could you recommend a few? Thanks
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2006 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    Do you mean like a tachometer shows RPM? Or just an angle sensor? Do you have a specific application in mind that will help us help you out?
  4. Oct 14, 2006 #3


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    Be more specific please. Not sure what you are attempting to accomplish.
  5. Oct 15, 2006 #4
    basically i want a meter that will show a signal similar to the way an oscilloscope would, with time on the x axis and the output on the other. I don't think it really needs to show the actual angle as the output on an angle sensor would be voltage and that would correspond to an angle, i think. i am building a test machine for a certain application and i need to know if signal meters would be able to sufficiently show the outputs of the tests.
  6. Oct 16, 2006 #5


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

    I for one, still don't know what you want.

    They do sell multifunction meters with an oscilloscope function, if that helps.
  7. Oct 16, 2006 #6


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook