Preparing for PTCB Test: My Journey and Tips | State Certified Pharmacy Tech

• Thread starter mcknia07
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, the speaker has signed up for the PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) test and will take it in a week and a half. They are nervous about the test but have been working in a pharmacy for three years and have been state certified for two years. They have received reassurance from someone who has taken the test before and passed. The speaker has now taken the test and passed.
mcknia07
Well... I just signed up for my test. I'll take it in a week and a half. That will make three things that I have to study for here for a little while. Hope I don't get too stressed and I can just pass it :) My boss has been pushing me and now I think I'm finally ready.

In case you don't know what PTCB is... it's the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Board test. I am already state certified and now I just want to increase my knowledge and pay with the test, lol.

I'm just really nervous about the test. I tend to freak out and second guess myself a lot and my gut instinct seems to always be right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

dont be nervous i took mine 2 years ago. they are considerate so far as you get a passing score or the borderline they will pass you

Did you think it was slightly easy? Did you work at a pharmacy when you took the test?

yeah it was easy. and i worked at a pharmacy for about 2 years before i took the test so i was familiar with most of the question. good luck

Thanks. That makes me a little more at ease. I have been working in a pharmacy for three years now so I should be ok. I have been state certified for about two years. This is just a little step up

you welcome. just don't be nervous you will do well

Thank you :)

Well... I took it and passed :)

What is the PTCB test and why is it important for pharmacy technicians?

The PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) test is a national certification exam that assesses the knowledge and skills of pharmacy technicians. Passing this exam is important because it is required for certification in most states, and it demonstrates a high level of competency in the field of pharmacy.

How did you prepare for the PTCB test?

I prepared for the PTCB test by studying a comprehensive review book, taking practice tests, and attending a review course. I also made flashcards and reviewed them regularly to reinforce my knowledge. Additionally, I made sure to familiarize myself with the exam format and content areas.

What are some tips for success on the PTCB test?

Some tips for success on the PTCB test include starting to study early, using a variety of study materials, and practicing time management while taking practice tests. It is also important to focus on areas of weakness and review them thoroughly. Lastly, make sure to get a good night's sleep before the exam and arrive at the testing center early.

What was your experience like taking the PTCB test?

Taking the PTCB test was a challenging but rewarding experience. The exam was comprehensive and covered a wide range of topics related to pharmacy. However, with thorough preparation and confidence, I was able to successfully pass the exam and become a state certified pharmacy technician.

What advice do you have for aspiring pharmacy technicians preparing for the PTCB test?

My advice for aspiring pharmacy technicians preparing for the PTCB test is to start studying early and consistently. Use a variety of study materials and take plenty of practice tests. Don't be afraid to ask for help or clarification on any topics that you are struggling with. Lastly, stay confident and trust in your knowledge and preparation. With hard work and dedication, you can pass the PTCB test and become a certified pharmacy technician.