Learn How to Calculate cos^2 (53) with Easy Steps | Expert Tips

• Thread starter Hollysmoke
  • Start date
In summary, "silly question but uhh" is a phrase used to acknowledge the potential silliness of a question while still wanting an answer. It can be seen as rude or lighthearted depending on the context and tone. People use it to soften the impact of a question or show self-awareness. It is generally not recommended to use in a professional setting. Other similar phrases include "this may seem like a dumb question, but" or "pardon my ignorance, but".
Hollysmoke
How can I calculate cos ^2 (53)?

Physics news on Phys.org
What don't you understand? I assume you have a calculator and you realize that cos ^2 (53) = [cos(53)]squared.

Take the cos of the angle, [itex]\cos[/itex], then square the value obtained, [itex]x^2[/itex].

oh okay. Thanks.

1. What does "silly question but uhh" mean?

"Silly question but uhh" is a phrase often used to preface a question that the asker believes may be seen as silly or obvious by others. It is meant to acknowledge the potential silliness of the question while also indicating that the asker still wants an answer.

2. Is it rude to use "silly question but uhh" before asking a question?

It depends on the context and tone in which it is used. In some cases, it may come across as dismissive or condescending. However, in other situations, it can be seen as a lighthearted way to acknowledge the potential silliness of a question. It is important to consider the audience and tone when using this phrase.

3. Why do people use "silly question but uhh" before asking a question?

People may use this phrase as a way to soften the potential impact of a question that they perceive as silly or obvious. It can also be used as a way to show self-awareness and acknowledge the potential silliness of a question.

4. Should I use "silly question but uhh" in a professional setting?

It is generally best to avoid using this phrase in a professional setting. It may come across as unprofessional or dismissive of the topic at hand. It is important to use clear and concise language in professional settings.

5. Are there other phrases similar to "silly question but uhh"?

Yes, some other phrases that may be used to preface a potentially silly or obvious question include "this may seem like a dumb question, but" or "pardon my ignorance, but". These phrases serve a similar purpose of acknowledging the potential silliness of a question before asking it.