Get the "Originally Posted By" Tag in Quotes

• Thread starter selfAdjoint
  • Start date
In summary, the "Originally Posted By" tag is used to credit the original creator or source of information in writing. It should be placed in quotations and followed by the name of the original author or source, and can be used for any type of information. Including this tag is important for ethical reasons and to avoid plagiarism, and it is recommended to include a hyperlink to the original source if available.
selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
How do I get the "originally posted by" tag in my quotes when responding?

Thanks for your answers.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by selfAdjoint
How do I get the "originally posted by" tag in my quotes when responding?

Thanks for your answers.

Hit "quote" instead of "post reply".

What is the purpose of the "Originally Posted By" tag?

The "Originally Posted By" tag is used to credit the original creator or source of information, such as a quote or idea, that is being referenced or shared.

How do I use the "Originally Posted By" tag in my writing?

To use the "Originally Posted By" tag, simply place it in quotations followed by the name of the original author or source, and include it in your writing wherever the referenced information is used.

Why is it important to include the "Originally Posted By" tag?

Including the "Originally Posted By" tag gives proper credit to the original creator or source of information, which is not only ethical but also helps to avoid plagiarism.

Can I use the "Originally Posted By" tag for any type of information?

Yes, the "Originally Posted By" tag can be used for any type of information, such as quotes, ideas, statistics, or images, as long as the original creator or source is properly credited.

Are there any specific formatting guidelines for the "Originally Posted By" tag?

There are no specific formatting guidelines for the "Originally Posted By" tag, but it is commonly placed in quotations and followed by the name of the original author or source, with a comma separating the two. It is also recommended to include a hyperlink to the original source if available.