Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Silly question

1. Dec 11, 2007 #1
    Will the math I use in my physics major be easier or harder than the math I use in my math courses? I just got an A in Cal 2 with a 92. Overall, I did mildly well, but obviously not perfect. I fully qualitatively understand what power series are and everything, but I guess there might be a fuzzy area or two concerning analytical evaluations of sequences and series? I don't know. Oh, also, I went the whole semester without having a solutions manual at my disposal. I will never do that again.

Or, am I worrying myself for nothing?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2007 #2

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Pfff... I got a C- in Calculus II, but I understand it all now and I never even looked over it since!

I think with a A+, you're totally fine!

4. Dec 11, 2007 #3
    Well, I just looked at my final exam grade, and it is an 84. I thought I did a little better, though. I think that's why I'm feeling this way.

5. Dec 11, 2007 #4

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Nah, it's fine.

You're honest with what you know and what you don't know generally, so that's a sign of good student. The stuff that you don't know will click later naturally. It's like math maturity or something.

6. Dec 11, 2007 #5
    I suppose. Thanks for the input. I emailed the professor, seeing if I could take a look at my final somehow. Heh. From what I hear, Cal 2 is a pretty difficult course and Cal 3 should be a little easier. I'm not too sure about Linear Algebra, though. I'll probably take that next summer.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook