1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Silly question

1. Dec 11, 2007 #1
    Will the math I use in my physics major be easier or harder than the math I use in my math courses? I just got an A in Cal 2 with a 92. Overall, I did mildly well, but obviously not perfect. I fully qualitatively understand what power series are and everything, but I guess there might be a fuzzy area or two concerning analytical evaluations of sequences and series? I don't know. Oh, also, I went the whole semester without having a solutions manual at my disposal. I will never do that again.

Or, am I worrying myself for nothing?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2007 #2

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Pfff... I got a C- in Calculus II, but I understand it all now and I never even looked over it since!

I think with a A+, you're totally fine!

4. Dec 11, 2007 #3
    Well, I just looked at my final exam grade, and it is an 84. I thought I did a little better, though. I think that's why I'm feeling this way.

5. Dec 11, 2007 #4

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Nah, it's fine.

You're honest with what you know and what you don't know generally, so that's a sign of good student. The stuff that you don't know will click later naturally. It's like math maturity or something.

6. Dec 11, 2007 #5
    I suppose. Thanks for the input. I emailed the professor, seeing if I could take a look at my final somehow. Heh. From what I hear, Cal 2 is a pretty difficult course and Cal 3 should be a little easier. I'm not too sure about Linear Algebra, though. I'll probably take that next summer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?