Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simon Wiesenthal is dead

1. Sep 20, 2005 #1

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

One of those individuals I have respected the most, is now dead, aged 96.
    Simon Wiesenthal, who lost most of his family in the Nazi death-camps was a tireless searcher for justice, and brought many war criminals to court.

At the same time, he never fell into unjust demonization of others; he was thoroughly civilized and never engaged in frenzied witch-hunts.

I'm saddened by our loss, but grateful for what he has meant to all of us.

Here's a CNN article:
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 20, 2005 #2
    Good riddance.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  4. Sep 20, 2005 #3
    Yeah, those poor nazis never stood a chance.
  5. Sep 20, 2005 #4
  6. Sep 20, 2005 #5
    Wow, Smurf, I didn't know that greedy Jewish holocaust survivor was in the nazi-hunting business for the money.
  7. Sep 20, 2005 #6

I think his greatest contribution was to instil in would be mass murderers the fear that war criminals will be punished no matter how long it takes. Without him I doubt that would be the case today.
  8. Sep 21, 2005 #7

Gold Member

We just talk about respectable people when they die!:frown:
  9. Sep 21, 2005 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Pffffwew, a relief. Thought he'd get me one day :devil: :devil:
  10. Sep 21, 2005 #9
    If the criticisms are true then he has apparently impeded the very cause that he has been working toward without apology. He has also very likely given ammunition to the revisionists to persuade even more idiots into believing them. AND the making money off of this is really just the kicker.
  11. Sep 21, 2005 #10
    Which there really isn't a very solid case for
    Which is really what I'm worried about. Frankly I couldn't really care less if a few ex-nazi's got pulled out of their retirement homes in South America, but rewriting history in your own view is inexcusable.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?