Simple acceleration puzzle I with,I forgot how to do.

In summary, the question asks for the expression that gives the acceleration of a steel ball released from rest at a distance x above marker M1 and reaching markers M1 and M2 in times t1 and t2, respectively, when they are set at a vertical distance of h apart. The correct expression is (2h)/(t2^2-t1^2). The attempt at a solution involves using the formula for acceleration, which is the rate of change of velocity, and substituting the values of v (final velocity), u (initial velocity), and t (time taken) as (h+x)/t2, x/t1, and t, respectively. However, the resulting expression is incorrect and the correct expression is obtained by
inv

Homework Statement

Two markers M1 & M2're set up a vertical distance h apart.
untitled.jpg

When a steel ball is released from rest from a pt a distance x above M1,it's found that the ball takes time t1 to reach M1 and time t2 to reach M2.
Which expression gives the acceleration of the ball?
A.Wrong,B.Wrong,C.Wrong,D.Correct - >[tex]\frac{2h}{t_{2}^2-t_{1}^2}[/tex]
Was wondering how to get that expression,I've done it b4 but forgot I'm afraid,pls guide?

Homework Equations

Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity,ie (v-u)/t where v is final velocity,u is initial velocity,t is time taken for the change in velocity to occur.

The Attempt at a Solution

Well,I've [tex]\frac{h+x}{t_{2}}[/tex] as v
[tex]\frac{x}{t_{1}}[/tex] as u
So I do (v-u)/t but I get something far from what the correct answer is ie
[tex]\frac{t_{1}(h+x)-xt_{2}}{t_{2}t_{1}(t_{2}-t_{1})}[/tex]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Use

[tex]s = ut + \frac{1}{2}gt^2[/tex]

Solved*!Tq for answering!

Last edited:

1. What is simple acceleration puzzle I?

Simple acceleration puzzle I is a physics-based puzzle where the player is required to calculate the acceleration of an object based on its initial velocity, final velocity, and time interval.

2. How do I solve a simple acceleration puzzle?

To solve a simple acceleration puzzle, you can use the formula a = (vf - vi) / t, where a is the acceleration, vf is the final velocity, vi is the initial velocity, and t is the time interval.

3. What if I forgot how to calculate acceleration?

If you are having trouble remembering how to calculate acceleration, you can break it down into smaller steps. First, calculate the change in velocity by subtracting the final velocity from the initial velocity. Then, divide this value by the time interval to get the acceleration.

4. What are the units of acceleration?

The units of acceleration are typically meters per second squared (m/s²) in the metric system and feet per second squared (ft/s²) in the imperial system.

5. How can I practice solving simple acceleration puzzles?

To practice solving simple acceleration puzzles, you can find online resources or use physics textbooks or workbooks that have practice problems. You can also create your own puzzles by varying the initial and final velocities and time intervals.