Confusing Question: How Long Does it Take for a Racer to Travel 2(3.70)m?

• Thread starter unstoppy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Confusing
In summary, the conversation is discussing the time it takes for a racer to travel 2 times the distance of 3.70m, with the book suggesting the answer to be the square root of 2 instead of 2 seconds. The question also mentions that the racer is moving at a constant velocity and suggests checking the quote from the book for accuracy.
unstoppy
If a racer travels 3.70m in one second. How long does it take for the racer to travel 2(3.70)m?

I was expecting 2s as the result but the book suggests square root of 2 to be the answer. I don't know why? Can anyone help me please.

Physics news on Phys.org
unstoppy said:
If a racer travels 3.70m in one second. How long does it take for the racer to travel 2(3.70)m?

I was expecting 2s as the result but the book suggests square root of 2 to be the answer. I don't know why? Can anyone help me please.

Welcome to the PF.

Is the racer accelerating? What is the exact quote from the book?

Thank you! That's all the information given on the book. I suppose he's moving inthe constant velocity

I can only suggest you double check that you have quoted the question word for word as given in the book.

triple checked ;p

unstoppy said:
I suppose he's moving inthe constant velocity
That won't work.

Assume uniform acceleration starting from rest.

1. What does "simple but confusing" mean?

"Simple but confusing" refers to a question or concept that seems easy to understand at first, but upon further examination, can be difficult to fully comprehend.

2. How do I approach a simple but confusing question?

The best way to approach a simple but confusing question is to break it down into smaller parts and analyze each part individually. This will help you to fully understand the question and come up with a clear answer.

3. Can you give an example of a simple but confusing question?

An example of a simple but confusing question could be "Why is the sky blue?" On the surface, this seems like a straightforward question, but the answer involves complex concepts such as light scattering and atmospheric composition.

4. How can I avoid getting confused by simple questions?

One way to avoid getting confused by simple questions is to take your time and think critically about the question before answering. It can also be helpful to ask for clarification if you are unsure about the question or to gather more information before formulating an answer.

5. Is there a scientific approach to answering simple but confusing questions?

Yes, there are various scientific methods and strategies that can be used to answer simple but confusing questions. These include breaking down the question, analyzing each part, conducting research, and using critical thinking skills to come up with a logical answer.