1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple frequency problem

1. Jul 20, 2005 #1
    hi all - im a first year electrical engineer attending college at devry university. i havent had any previous experience in electronics or engineering so im really having a hard time grasping some of these concepts. anyway my teacher assigned some homework where the preiod and time are given, and all i need to do is find the frequency.

the first question has the first period at 60 us.

i knwo that frequency is equal to 1 over the period. so it would be 1/60us. i just cant seem to get a frequency that makes any sense out of this. i keep getting 16666.7 hz. is this anywhere near correct ?

i take the period in the denominator and multiply it by 10 to the -6 power because the unit is microseconds right ?

im sure you guys will be hearing alot from me on these forums, as i have no previous experience in this field, so please dont flame me and call me names.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Your method and answer are correct.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?