Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Simple frequency problem

1. Jul 20, 2005 #1
    hi all - im a first year electrical engineer attending college at devry university. i havent had any previous experience in electronics or engineering so im really having a hard time grasping some of these concepts. anyway my teacher assigned some homework where the preiod and time are given, and all i need to do is find the frequency.

the first question has the first period at 60 us.

i knwo that frequency is equal to 1 over the period. so it would be 1/60us. i just cant seem to get a frequency that makes any sense out of this. i keep getting 16666.7 hz. is this anywhere near correct ?

i take the period in the denominator and multiply it by 10 to the -6 power because the unit is microseconds right ?

im sure you guys will be hearing alot from me on these forums, as i have no previous experience in this field, so please dont flame me and call me names.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2005 #2

OlderDan

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Your method and answer are correct.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook