Simple graphing that will take a second

• Thread starter ACLerok
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graphing
In summary, the conversation discusses graphing the function y=1/(x+3)(x+1) and the factors to consider when plotting a function such as intercepts, asymptotes, continuity, and points of inflection and maximum/minimum values.
ACLerok
I'm supposed to graph y=1/(x+3)(x=1) how do i do it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Er, what? What's the equals sign doing inside the parentheses on the right end of the expression?

- Warren

y=1/(x+3)(x+1)

my bad :)

Erm, here are the basic questions we had to ask when plotting functions:

Does it have x or y intercept (also which direction it has at these points)?
What does it approch when it goes to positive infinity and negative infinity?
Does it have any asymtopes?
Is there any non-continous point?
Where are its points of inflections, it's local maximums and minimums (if it has any) ?

All I can think off on the top of my head. Work those out and you can generally draw it.

1. What is simple graphing?

Simple graphing is a method of visually representing data using basic shapes, lines, and colors. It is used to illustrate trends, patterns, and relationships in data in a quick and easy way.

2. How do I create a simple graph?

To create a simple graph, you will need to gather your data and determine the best way to represent it visually. Then, you can use a software program or draw it by hand using basic shapes and lines. Make sure to include a title, axis labels, and a legend for clarity.

3. What types of data can be graphed?

Simple graphing can be used for many different types of data, including numerical data (such as sales figures or test scores), categorical data (such as types of animals or survey responses), and time-based data (such as stock prices or weather patterns).

4. Why is simple graphing useful?

Simple graphing is useful because it allows us to quickly and easily understand complex data. By visually representing data, we can identify trends and patterns that may not be obvious from looking at the raw data. This can aid in decision-making and communication of information.

5. Are there any limitations to simple graphing?

Yes, there are limitations to simple graphing. It may not be suitable for very large datasets or datasets with a large range of values. Additionally, it is important to choose the appropriate type of graph for your data in order to accurately represent the information. Simple graphing should also be used in conjunction with other methods of data analysis for a comprehensive understanding of the data.