Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple harmonics motion

1. May 3, 2008 #1
    Hello, im confused in some areas of this topic at school and i was wondering if you guys knew any good tutorials online that i could learn from. Tried a few sites but they are "wayyy" above my head.

The things i need to know is like, the angles in radians, diplacenment, acceleration, speed, damping etc.

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2008 #2
    Hrmm? I'm not sure if I understand what exactly you need to know about simple harmonic motion. What level are you at with math?

4. May 4, 2008 #3

Mentz114

Gold Member

I did a Google search and got dozens of good hits. Have you tried any of those ?

How are they above your head ?

5. May 4, 2008 #4
    level with maths? well not sure how to judge my self but im my final year of school (year 13) and i take stats and calculus.

And when i mean over my head, the way they have explained is kinda of above my head. Like the examples shown on wikipedia.

-thanks

6. May 4, 2008 #5

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you tried the Simple Harmonic Motion pages from Hyperphysics. Do you have a course text? I'm assuming that your doing your A-Levels, in which case many examination boards publish their own textbooks, which detail exactly what you need to know and explain concepts in the appropriate depth. You should be able to get your hands on a copy from your school (ask your tutor) or even at your local library.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?