Finding Roots of b1 and b2 Between 0 and 30

• Thread starter 85David
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Roots
In summary, the conversation discusses using two functions, b1 and b2, to determine the roots between 0 and 30. While plotting the functions shows two roots, using fsolve only gives one root. The solution is to plot the functions and then specify intervals for fsolve to find the roots.
85David
Ok, i got two funktions:
b1:=(x/10)+sin((x/3)+(Pi/2));
and
b2:=(1-2*cos((x/4)+(Pi/2)));

I need to determine all the roots between 0 < x > 30

If I plot the functions i see that there should be two roots
plot([b1,b2],x=0..30);

But when try to get maple to calculate the roots It only comes up with one root:
fsolve(b1=b2,x=0..30);

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Physics news on Phys.org
Plot the function and get an idea of where the roots are, then tell maple to find the roots in an interval that contains only one of the two roots. So if the roots are 5 and 15, then fsolve([b1,b2],x=0..10) and for the other one 10..30

No need to apologize for your English, it's perfectly fine! As for finding the roots between 0 and 30, it seems like you have already done a good job by plotting the functions and noticing that there should be two roots. However, when using the fsolve command, it only gives you one root instead of two. This could be because the fsolve command only finds one root at a time, and it may have found the first root between 0 and 30. To find the second root, you can try using the solve command instead, which will give you all the roots at once. You can use it like this: solve(b1=b2,x=0..30). This should give you both roots of the equations. I hope this helps!

What is the purpose of finding roots of b1 and b2 between 0 and 30?

The purpose of finding roots of b1 and b2 between 0 and 30 is to determine the values of b1 and b2 that satisfy a given equation or system of equations.

Why is it important to limit the search for roots between 0 and 30?

Limiting the search for roots between 0 and 30 ensures that the values of b1 and b2 fall within a reasonable range and are not too large or too small.

What methods can be used to find roots of b1 and b2 between 0 and 30?

Some methods that can be used to find roots of b1 and b2 between 0 and 30 include trial and error, graphing, and algebraic manipulation.

How many roots can be found for b1 and b2 between 0 and 30?

The number of roots that can be found for b1 and b2 between 0 and 30 depends on the given equation or system of equations. It is possible to have zero, one, or multiple roots.

What are the potential applications of finding roots of b1 and b2 between 0 and 30?

Finding roots of b1 and b2 between 0 and 30 has various applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. It can be used to solve problems involving motion, forces, and optimization.