1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple mistakes.

1. Jun 23, 2003 #1
    I just spent the last half hour trying to find my error in a problem. I checked my physics, my calculations, everything looked fine. It ended up being the simplest mistake I could make. I used Sin instead of Cos for a triangle. What a waste of time, it's the simplest mistakes you have to watch out for..

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2003 #2
    Been there, done that, got the T shirt, washed it to the point of destruction, now it's a rag, used to wipe up after my mistakes!

(Just Humor............sorta)

4. Jun 23, 2003 #3
    LOL! Mistakes that cost lives or money are the ones you need to watch out for. In your case, you paid for laundry detergent, hot water and electricity and a ruined T-shirt.:smile:

5. Jun 23, 2003 #4
    Agreed, the lives ones are tricky mistakes if your in that position, I'm not at present.

the T shirt wasn't ruined by the mistake, but worn out from time passing, I'm old, Ya see.

6. Jun 24, 2003 #5
    Well, not for people in my school
    The simplest mistakes they do are like :
    2*(1/2) = 4
    1/(1/2) = 1/2
    1-2=1

And stuff like that, but that is in exams, so that is when they are in a hurry.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?