Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Simple mistakes.

1. Jun 23, 2003 #1
    I just spent the last half hour trying to find my error in a problem. I checked my physics, my calculations, everything looked fine. It ended up being the simplest mistake I could make. I used Sin instead of Cos for a triangle. What a waste of time, it's the simplest mistakes you have to watch out for..

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2003 #2
    Been there, done that, got the T shirt, washed it to the point of destruction, now it's a rag, used to wipe up after my mistakes!

(Just Humor............sorta)

4. Jun 23, 2003 #3
    LOL! Mistakes that cost lives or money are the ones you need to watch out for. In your case, you paid for laundry detergent, hot water and electricity and a ruined T-shirt.:smile:

5. Jun 23, 2003 #4
    Agreed, the lives ones are tricky mistakes if your in that position, I'm not at present.

the T shirt wasn't ruined by the mistake, but worn out from time passing, I'm old, Ya see.

6. Jun 24, 2003 #5
    Well, not for people in my school
    The simplest mistakes they do are like :
    2*(1/2) = 4
    1/(1/2) = 1/2
    1-2=1

And stuff like that, but that is in exams, so that is when they are in a hurry.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook