Simple Physics Problem I Can't Figure Out

In summary, an engineer would want to take measures to minimize the impact of the demolition on the local citizens and ensure their safety.
  • #1
130
0
During construction of a hotel, all the parts of the building that are raised above ground have gravitational potential energy relative to the ground. if after many years the hotel is to be demolished all of this energy can be used to force the building to collapse on itself. if u r the engineer in charge of such a demolition. what course of action would u take to minimize the impact of this demolition on local citizens and ensure their safety?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2
Since this is homework, please show some thoughts before we can help you. I'm not sure how specific the answer should be, but if you're about to knock down a building, I can think of a few things I would do before going ahead and knocking it down!
 
  • #3
cristo said:
Since this is homework, please show some thoughts before we can help you. I'm not sure how specific the answer should be, but if you're about to knock down a building, I can think of a few things I would do before going ahead and knocking it down!
but i don't know how to do that?
 
  • #4
Maybe think about the collapse of the twin towers on 9-11. there was much collateral damage to health of workers and integrity of nearby buildings.
 
  • #5
denverdoc said:
Maybe think about the collapse of the twin towers on 9-11. there was much collateral damage to health of workers and integrity of nearby buildings.

good example
 
  • #6
any one help me
 
  • #7
any one help me
 
  • #8
What you don't want to do is invite all the locals around to tea in the basement while you dynamite the building. Also, keeping it a secret and and causing debris to fall on the locality without warning might not be appreciated.
 
  • #9
Mentz114 said:
What you don't want to do is invite all the locals around to tea in the basement while you dynamite the building. Also, keeping it a secret and and causing debris to fall on the locality without warning might not be appreciated.
what?
 

1. What is a simple physics problem?

A simple physics problem is a question or scenario that involves using basic principles of physics to find a solution or answer. These problems typically involve concepts such as motion, forces, energy, and other fundamental principles.

2. How do I approach a simple physics problem?

The best way to approach a simple physics problem is to break it down into smaller parts and identify which principles or equations are relevant. Then, apply those principles and equations to solve the problem step by step. It is also helpful to draw a diagram or visualize the scenario to better understand it.

3. What if I can't figure out a simple physics problem?

If you are struggling to solve a simple physics problem, try approaching it from a different angle or using a different equation. You can also ask for help from a teacher or tutor, or look for online resources and examples for similar problems to guide you.

4. Can I use real-world examples to understand simple physics problems?

Yes, using real-world examples can be a helpful way to understand and solve simple physics problems. You can also perform experiments or demonstrations to see the principles in action and gain a better understanding of how they work.

5. Why is it important to solve simple physics problems?

Solving simple physics problems can help you develop critical thinking skills and a deeper understanding of how the world works. It is also a crucial part of learning and applying scientific principles in fields such as engineering, medicine, and technology.

Suggested for: Simple Physics Problem I Can't Figure Out

Replies
1
Views
759
Replies
2
Views
753
Replies
5
Views
201
Replies
4
Views
737
Replies
13
Views
600
Replies
5
Views
610
Replies
10
Views
900
Back
Top