Simple Physics Problem I Can't Figure Out

In summary, Meteorities are rocks from space that fall to earth. One such rock landed in Arizona and had so much kinetic energy on impact that it made a crater 228m deep and 1219m in diameter. Some scientist suggest that we should invest money to locate and track these space rocks, while other thinks that the money would be spent on other things.
raman911
Meteorities are rocks from space that fall to earth. One such rock was 41m in diameter and landed in Arizona. it had so much kinetic energy on impact that it made a crater 228m deep and 1219m in diameter. Some scientist suggest that we should invest money to locate and track these space rocks, while other thinks that the money would be spent on other things. Choose one side of this debate, and list the points that you would make to support argument?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, you need to show some thoughts on the question! What side do you think you should pick? Do you have any points whatsoever? We cannot help with homework until you show some effort.

cristo said:
Well, you need to show some thoughts on the question! What side do you think you should pick? Do you have any points whatsoever? We cannot help with homework until you show some effort.
I should invest money to locate and track these space rocks BECAUSE IT WIKK NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

Now, What i Need to Do?

cristo said:
can u give me u r some thoughts?

Why don't you give us some of your thoughts? What are some reasons it might be a good idea to track "space rocks"? You must be able to think of at least one reason!

Like cristo said, you must show us your work. You haven't done that yet.

My thought

I should invest money to locate and track these space rocks because it may be a good idea to locate and track these space rocks

raman911 said:
My thought

I should invest money to locate and track these space rocks because it may be a good idea to locate and track these space rocks

If you're not going to take this seriously then I don't see why anyone else should. It's your homework, it's up to you.

ah come on, you must have a couple of ideas; let me help, a much bigger meteor or comet impacted the Earth about 65 Million years ago. The dinosaurs fell and mammals rose. a lot of people are worried about global warming, the heat from such a really big collision would likely do what? The ash from it, what? Would humans survive?

otoh, unless we possesses the technology to do something about it? what difference does it make except for the chaos and bedlam that would precede the impact, and the least fit creatures to carry on, like politicians find cover?

denverdoc said:
ah come on, you must have a couple of ideas; let me help, a much bigger meteor or comet impacted the Earth about 65 Million years ago. The dinosaurs fell and mammals rose. a lot of people are worried about global warming, the heat from such a really big collision would likely do what? The ash from it, what? Would humans survive?

otoh, unless we possesses the technology to do something about it? what difference does it make except for the chaos and bedlam that would precede the impact, and the least fit creatures to carry on, like politicians find cover?
thaxxx u very much
now i understand that
really really thaxxxxxx

You are welcome. My guess is that english is not your native language. Many of these problems are worded poorly, and it is more of an obstacle than pure physics.

But to get help here, you need to get enough help so that we aren't doing all the work for you. We try not to help persons pass courses without understanding the material. We would rather help you with the understanding so that pass is easy. That is the mission here. If you are taking correspondence course and without access to teacher, the tutorials are very good.

denverdoc said:
You are welcome. My guess is that english is not your native language. Many of these problems are worded poorly, and it is more of an obstacle than pure physics.

But to get help here, you need to get enough help so that we aren't doing all the work for you. We try not to help persons pass courses without understanding the material. We would rather help you with the understanding so that pass is easy. That is the mission here. If you are taking correspondence course and without access to teacher, the tutorials are very good.

ya u r 100% right
English is not my native language
i am week in english.

1. What is the definition of "simple physics problem"?

A simple physics problem is a question or scenario that involves basic principles and concepts of physics without complex or advanced mathematical calculations.

2. How do I approach solving a simple physics problem?

To solve a simple physics problem, you should first identify the known and unknown variables, and then use relevant equations and principles to manipulate and solve for the unknown variable.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving a simple physics problem?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving a simple physics problem include not accurately identifying the known and unknown variables, using incorrect equations or principles, and making calculation errors.

4. What are some helpful tips for understanding and applying physics concepts to solve problems?

Some helpful tips for understanding and applying physics concepts include practicing problem-solving regularly, breaking down complex problems into smaller parts, and seeking help from teachers or peers when needed.

5. How can I check my answer to a simple physics problem?

You can check your answer to a simple physics problem by plugging it back into the original equation and ensuring that it satisfies all given conditions and units. Additionally, you can compare your answer to a known solution or use online resources for verification.