Why Do We Add 1 When Counting Numbers Between Two Integers?

• Thread starter Andrax
  • Start date
So the correct answer is 63 - 27 + 1.In summary, the question is about calculating the number of numbers between 27 and 63, and the formula is 63 - 27 + 1 to account for the starting number.
Andrax

Homework Statement

so we have from 27... 63 we want ot calcul how much numbers in there
i was looking in the book and saw 63 -27 + 1 , now this might sound very simple but i got confused why do we add the"1" please explain..
PS:this is astupid uestion i know but it's weird it confused me ..

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

63-27

Physics news on Phys.org
Andrax said:

Homework Statement

so we have from 27... 63 we want ot calcul how much numbers in there
i was looking in the book and saw 63 -27 + 1 , now this might sound very simple but i got confused why do we add the"1" please explain..
PS:this is astupid uestion i know but it's weird it confused me ..

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

63-27

Not a calculus question, should be in Precalc.

OK, how many numbers from 1 to 5 (including both the starting and ending numbers)?

Is it just 5 - 1? Or is it 5 - 1 PLUS 1?

Same principle when you count from 27 to 63. If you don't add the 1, you're neglecting the starting number.

What is the meaning of "Simple question 27 63"?

"Simple question 27 63" does not have a specific meaning as it is a randomly generated phrase. It could potentially be used as a password or a code, but without further context, it does not have a definitive meaning.

Why is "Simple question 27 63" a commonly asked question?

"Simple question 27 63" is not a commonly asked question. It is a randomly generated phrase and does not hold any significance or relevance to a specific topic or subject.

Is "Simple question 27 63" a scientific question?

No, "Simple question 27 63" is not a scientific question. It does not pertain to any scientific concept or theory and is not used in any scientific research or study.

Does "Simple question 27 63" have any practical use?

As a randomly generated phrase, "Simple question 27 63" does not have any practical use. It does not hold any specific meaning or purpose and is not commonly used in any practical applications.

What is the purpose of asking about "Simple question 27 63"?

There is no specific purpose for asking about "Simple question 27 63". It is a randomly generated phrase and does not hold any significance or relevance to any particular topic or subject.