1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Job Skills Simple Question about Patent Agent Resume

1. May 8, 2010 #1
    Hey everybody, I was wondering if I can get a little help with a resume I'm writing. I've been working in the nuclear industry as a process control engineer for about 3 years now and am thinking of taking my career to Intellectual Property (Patent Agent). My experience is in computing (programming) and electrical work.

Should I write down the specific technologies I worked with? (e.g. Windows Server Administration, C# Programming, Microsoft Office, etc.) I am skeptical of how much a company would care to see all that considering I won't be doing that kind of work anymore. I figured that describing the kinds of projects I worked on and making a few general statements about programming and electrical work would be good enough for this kind of resume.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 21, 2010 #2
    I don't see where you say whether you're a registered patent agent GTdan. That would seem to be a first step.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook