What is the value of Y in this equation?

• Thread starter Mag
  • Start date
In summary, the value of Y in this equation is the unknown variable that is being solved for. It represents the solution or outcome of the equation when all other variables and constants are known. The value of Y can be found by using algebraic methods such as substitution, elimination, or graphing. It is an essential component of many mathematical and scientific equations and plays a crucial role in solving problems and understanding relationships between different variables.
Mag
2.0 E -4/2.56 E -2 = 0.10squared/0.40squared * 0.10to the Ypower/0.20 to the Ypower

solve for Y

I get 4

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I have no idea what you wrote.

Is this what you mean ?

[tex]\frac {0.0002} {0.0256} = \frac {(0.1)^2} {(0.4)^2} \frac {(0.1)^Y} {(0.2)^Y}[/tex]

If so, then Y=3.

2.0E-4/2.56E-2 = (0.1^2/0.4^2) * (0.1^x/0.2^x)

x = 3

Looks like you just made a small mistake somwhere.
*Nico

It all simplifies to 1/128=[2^(-y)]/16, and then 1/8=2^(-y), and further 8=2^y.

Thus I agree with Nico, y=3.

~Rashad

Yes Gokul that is what I was trying to type. Thanks for all the help guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do you check if a question and answer are simple?

To check if a question and answer are simple, I analyze the language and structure of the question and answer. Simple questions usually have a straightforward and concise wording, while simple answers provide a clear and direct response without unnecessary details.

2. What are some examples of simple questions and answers?

Examples of simple questions and answers include: "What is the capital of France?" - "Paris", "What is the atomic number of carbon?" - "6", "When did World War II end?" - "1945". These questions and answers are clear, brief, and provide a direct response.

3. How do you differentiate a simple question from a complex one?

A simple question is usually shorter and more direct compared to a complex question. It also does not require any prior knowledge or explanation to understand the question. Additionally, simple questions typically have a single correct answer, while complex questions may have multiple possible answers or require further explanation.

4. What is the purpose of checking for simple questions and answers?

The purpose of checking for simple questions and answers is to ensure clear and effective communication. Simple questions and answers are easier to understand, and they can help avoid confusion or misunderstandings. It also makes it easier for the person answering the question to provide a direct and accurate response.

5. Can a question be simple even if it has a longer sentence structure?

Yes, a question can still be considered simple even if it has a longer sentence structure. As long as the question is straightforward and concise, it can be classified as a simple question. The length of the sentence does not necessarily determine the simplicity of a question.