Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple snacks

1. Jan 27, 2009 #1
    Have you found the ultimate snack? Mine is water filtered through a Sears charcoal filter (cheap and effective), chilled in the fridge, poured in a 14 oz. glass and mixed with "Nellie & Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice" to taste. Healthy (next to no calories or additives), tasty (slightly sour and fruity) and inexpensive.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2009 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

I take the heel slices of my homemade bread and sprinkle Tony's Cajun Spice over it. (Tony's is a salt and several pepper mix.)

It's satisfying by itself and a pleasant compliment to something heartier like split pea soup.

The advantage of course is that it is readily available, easy to prepare, tasty and better for me surely than potato chips or Cheetos.

4. Jan 28, 2009 #3
    One of my favourite snacks is a whole pepper (sweet bell, preferably orange or yellow). No need to cut it or anything, just wash it and bite into it like an apple... sweet, satisfying, and healthy (also don't use dip).

5. Jan 28, 2009 #4
    A lard and salt sandwich.Yummy.

6. Jan 28, 2009 #5
    [​IMG]

Makes for a good snack.

7. Jan 28, 2009 #6
    I like to keep some sort of hearty salad in the fridge - potatoes and green beans tossed in a vinaigrette, whole wheat noodles/peppers/scallions tossed in a sesame dressing, roasted cherry tomatoes/pieces of mozzarella tossed in a pesto vinaigrette (with a piece of toasted country white bread).

If I'm hungry then I'm hungry, and it's better to eat something loaded with veggies and good fats than a bag of chips or box of cookies.

I am fortunate to be someone who loves seltzer, so my beverages are almost always zero calories.

8. Jan 28, 2009 #7
    Celery or Gram crackers and peanut butter.

9. Jan 28, 2009 #8
    Pickled onion Monster Munch.

10. Jan 28, 2009 #9

wolram

Gold Member

Bacon and tomato sarnie, the bacon must be streaky and fried crisp, tined tomatoes are best.

11. Jan 28, 2009 #10

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I like the Erdinger Hefe-Weizen Dark. I'll have to take a picture of some, the next time I buy it.

Otherwise, cheese and crackers, or Vegemite sangers, BLT sandwiches, potato salad, cole slaw, leftover pizza, Dorito chips (with lime flavor) and cheese or salsa are snackfood.

When the raspberries, blackberries and blueberries are in season, I'll snack on those.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?