1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple speed problem

1. Sep 23, 2008 #1
    Diagram Link: http://picasaweb.google.com/swede5670/Physics#5249363825478610690
    (If the text is too small click on the magnifying glass on the upper right corner of the picture)

I have no idea how to do the problems and my worksheet is due tomorrow. I'm having the most problem on the first diagram but I am equally befuddled with the last two. I appreciate any help on the problem.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2008 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Welcome to PF.

All three pictures are the same.

How fast is the cart going over the segment B to D?

4. Sep 23, 2008 #3
    Yes, all the diagrams are the same but the text is different on each one.
    From B to D was it going 1 meter per second? It starts at 2.1 seconds and ends at 3.1 seconds and the distance is 1 meter.
    I'm just confused about the speed at A. Should I say zero? The cart doesn't appear to be moving, I'm not sure what hes asking.

5. Sep 23, 2008 #4

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

I don't see that asked. Your picture only shows the same image repeated 3 times.

6. Sep 23, 2008 #5
    I just checked the picture and everything seems fine. Use the zoom button located on the top right corner of the picture to zoom in on the text. Each text prompt asks for a different position at points A, B and D

7. Sep 23, 2008 #6

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

If you know the speed at D, what is the speed at B?

At A what does at rest mean?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?