Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple statistical test

  1. Jun 13, 2007 #1
    A very simple thing; I have to collect data with 4 different group size. Something like;

    Group A; 12.4, 17.8, 12.5 ...
    Group B; 15.2, 9.5, ...

    I simply want to know if the differences between the groups are statistically signifiant. I don't want anybody to explain the me the math, I just want the name of the statistical test.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2007 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

  4. Jun 13, 2007 #3

    I want to know if the variations between the group means are statistically significant (which probably mean I'll need to use the size of the sample for each group as well).
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  5. Jun 14, 2007 #4


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

    You can use the t test for pairwise comparisons of means.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Discussions: Simple statistical test
  1. Statistic test (Replies: 1)

  2. Statistical Tests (Replies: 1)

  3. Statistical test (Replies: 1)