1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple ultrasonic thickness gauge

1. Feb 10, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I want to built a simple ultrasonic thickness gauge for my final project. I have already search in google about that simple electronic circuit but i can't found it and also i have already looking for tutorial video in youtube about how to built simple ultrasonic thickness gauge but the result about digital ultasonic thickness gauge in factory . Please, any suggestion ? (sorry, if any mistake in my words)

2. Relevant equations
    for now, i don't have relevant equations
    3. The attempt at a solution
    I have already search the solution in google and youtube but i can't found the detailed solution (sorry, if any mistake in my words)

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2015 #2
    You might find it helpful to study the theory behind quartz crystal microbalances (QCM), which are widely used in thin films to determine film thickness. They are based on the Saurbrey equation, which you can find more about on Wikipedia. Hope that helps...

4. Feb 11, 2015 #3
    thank you for your suggestion :), i will study the theory behind quartz crystal microbalances (QCM),

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted