Simplifying Radon-Nykodim App?

In summary, the conversation discusses a measure-triple and a measurable function, and how to show that a specific set is a measure in the Borel subsets of ℝ. The conversation also touches on using the Radon-Nykodim theorem to simplify the calculations, but the speaker is unsure if there is a faster way to solve the problem. The other speaker suggests using the usual method of verifying it for step functions, using monotone convergence, and then for general functions. However, the speaker is still uncertain if this simplifies the necessary calculations.
Bacle2
Science Advisor
Hi, I'm trying to work this out. Just a small question:

Let (X, m, μ) be a measure-triple (X a set; m a sigma-algebra, μ

a measure) , and let,

f:X-->ℝ be measurable. For B a Borel set, define :

v(B):=μ(f-1(B)). Then show:

a)v is a measure in the Borel subsets of R , and

b)If g: ℝ-->[0 , oo) is any Borel-measurable function on R,

∫ℝ (gdv) = ∫X (gof)dμ

First one is easy, but my method for b seems too long b). I

am trying to work this with Radon-Nykodim theorem. I'm pretty sure we can pull back

the measure on R to have the absolute continuity condition satisfied, and same thing

for the sigma-finiteness, i.e., by pulling back the Borel measure on R.

I'm just curious as to whether there is a faster way of doing this problem.

TIA

Physics news on Phys.org
It's very easy to verify it the usual way:
1) First verify it for step functions
2) Use monotone convergence to verify it for positive functions
3) Verify it for general functions using [itex]f=f^+-f^-[/itex].

Right; thanks, but I don't know to what extent this simplifies the necessary

calculations in Radon-Nykodim. R-N works, but it just seems long. I thought maybe

there was some corollary to help give it a short proof. Thanks, tho.

1. What is the purpose of Simplifying Radon-Nykodim App?

The purpose of Simplifying Radon-Nykodim App is to simplify the process of calculating and analyzing the Radon-Nykodim dimension. This app uses algorithms and formulas to quickly and accurately calculate the dimension, which can be a time-consuming and complex task for researchers and scientists.

2. How does Simplifying Radon-Nykodim App work?

Simplifying Radon-Nykodim App uses a combination of algorithms and formulas to calculate the Radon-Nykodim dimension. Users can input their data and the app will generate the dimension, as well as provide a visual representation of the data for better understanding. The app also allows for customization of parameters to fit different research needs.

3. Is Simplifying Radon-Nykodim App user-friendly?

Yes, Simplifying Radon-Nykodim App is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. The interface is simple and easy to navigate, and the app provides step-by-step instructions for inputting data and generating the dimension. It also has a help section for any additional questions or concerns.

4. Can Simplifying Radon-Nykodim App be used for any type of data?

Yes, Simplifying Radon-Nykodim App can be used for any type of data, as long as it follows the required format. The app is designed to be versatile and can handle various types of data, including numerical, categorical, and multivariate data. It also allows for the use of different metrics and measures for more accurate results.

5. Is Simplifying Radon-Nykodim App accurate?

Yes, Simplifying Radon-Nykodim App is highly accurate in calculating the Radon-Nykodim dimension. The app uses advanced algorithms and formulas to ensure precise results. However, as with any scientific tool, it is important to double-check the data input and parameters to ensure the accuracy of the results.