1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simply trigonometry

1. Dec 28, 2011 #1
    1. sin θ / √1-sin^2 θ

I dont know this, I know sin = 1 / csc but I not sure how to do this problem :( I dont know about the √1-sin^2 θ

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2011 #2
    Try using:

$$sin^{2}\theta+cos^{2}\theta=1$$

4. Dec 28, 2011 #3
    I dont understand that sorry can you explain for me? please

5. Dec 28, 2011 #4

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

luigihs,
    BloodyFrozen has given you a good hint. It is up to you to use the hint. It is against Physics Forums policy to do the work for posters.

6. Dec 28, 2011 #5
    But i dont even know how to use that formula how i am suppose to answer that problem ?? what is that ?? for me is just a formula .. but im guessing maybe is not a formula

7. Dec 28, 2011 #6

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

That is the most important formula of entire trigonometry. If you don't know that formula, then I suggest you review your course. There is nothing else we can do for you.

8. Dec 28, 2011 #7
    How are you already simplifying (simple) expressions when you don't know the most basic one? As for my original hint, see if you can get ##sin^{2}\theta+cos^{2}\theta=1## to match a part of the expression that you are trying to simplify.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook