Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Simply trigonometry

1. Dec 28, 2011 #1
    1. sin θ / √1-sin^2 θ

I dont know this, I know sin = 1 / csc but I not sure how to do this problem :( I dont know about the √1-sin^2 θ

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2011 #2
    Try using:

$$sin^{2}\theta+cos^{2}\theta=1$$

4. Dec 28, 2011 #3
    I dont understand that sorry can you explain for me? please

5. Dec 28, 2011 #4

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

luigihs,
    BloodyFrozen has given you a good hint. It is up to you to use the hint. It is against Physics Forums policy to do the work for posters.

6. Dec 28, 2011 #5
    But i dont even know how to use that formula how i am suppose to answer that problem ?? what is that ?? for me is just a formula .. but im guessing maybe is not a formula

7. Dec 28, 2011 #6
    That is the most important formula of entire trigonometry. If you don't know that formula, then I suggest you review your course. There is nothing else we can do for you.

8. Dec 28, 2011 #7
    How are you already simplifying (simple) expressions when you don't know the most basic one? As for my original hint, see if you can get ##sin^{2}\theta+cos^{2}\theta=1## to match a part of the expression that you are trying to simplify.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook