1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simply, what is energy?

1. Jan 27, 2005 #1
    What is energy actualy in a pure state and why can it change form (kinetic to heat. Ect) if its not particles.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What do you mean by "pure state"??Does it have to do with statistical ensembles??

4. Jan 27, 2005 #3
    ignore whatzzupboy...here is what he send to me in the private mailbox

I am only a freshman and as I have already stadted in my alpollogy thread it was a physics project, we were told to make a theory and show full effects of it and how it would be proven, that I turned into a physcology project, to show how when somebody who knows nothing of what they are talking about trys to make them sound intellegent, in this case by a theory that if correct changes parts of physics, cause the people around them to act.

FYI: My physcology teacher say it looks like I;m gonna make an A on. So thank you truly and fully.
    whatzzupboy is offline Forward Message
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  5. Jan 27, 2005 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Why are you posting all these silly threads?
    Why don't you make an effort of learning physics&math, rather than slide into crackpottery?
  6. Jan 27, 2005 #5
    Alright look
    1) I'm not a crack pot I to school to hear that not ONLINE
    2) It was A simple question so get off my case
    3) Why is it that the WE, as human civ., are so stubbor to look at things from a different persective when offten time it is tere that the right answer is found, which by the way is what I am doing looking at te world through a dif. perspective.

Now, if you please can you pease just answer my question and stop crittisizing me, or is itthat you have nothing better to do then to critize a 15 year old freshman boy!
  7. Jan 27, 2005 #6

Andrew Mason

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

This is not a bad question, actually. Energy is defined as the measure of a thing's ability to apply a force over a distance. It is not a physical quantity in itself. It does not exist separately and apart from the 'thing' that contains energy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?