1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simulating entanglement

1. Oct 28, 2004 #1
    Hi everybody,

For the ones interested by a hidden variable model of EPR state with a hidden communication channel , I recommend the last Cerf, Gisisn Massar and Popescu quant-ph/0410027 paper (4 pages – a short concise one). I think it is a good one (with the pointers it gives).
    It introduces a possible (logical) implementation of the EPR like state with what they call the non-local machines (PR- machines, I like the “machine” term they chosen rather than “interaction” :tongue2: ): We have another different look to the EPR like states (and the cost to represent them by "classical physics") .

All the comments are welcome.

Seratend.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2004 #2
    The url for the article is http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0410027

They define three levels of communication:

(1) the information communicated through the nonlocality of quantum entanglement, which does not permit any detectable signaling, but which produces correlations that are impossible under local hidden variable models. An 'e-bit' is defined as the amount of information contained in an entanglement.

(2) The maximum amount that Bell's inequality (actually the CHSH inequality) can be violated through a nonlocal correlation that does not actually communicate a bit (this is a 'nl-bit'). Basically, they show how to make a machine that violates the inequality even more than quantum mechanics does, by using non-locality but not actually transmitting anything detectable,

(3) superluminal transmission of a real bit from A to B, which is a real signal, but physically impossible (so far).

They then demonstrate a measure > such that:
    real bit > nl-bit > e-bit.

Bruce

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?