Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simulating entanglement

1. Oct 28, 2004 #1
    Hi everybody,

For the ones interested by a hidden variable model of EPR state with a hidden communication channel , I recommend the last Cerf, Gisisn Massar and Popescu quant-ph/0410027 paper (4 pages – a short concise one). I think it is a good one (with the pointers it gives).
    It introduces a possible (logical) implementation of the EPR like state with what they call the non-local machines (PR- machines, I like the “machine” term they chosen rather than “interaction” :tongue2: ): We have another different look to the EPR like states (and the cost to represent them by "classical physics") .

All the comments are welcome.

Seratend.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2004 #2
    The url for the article is http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0410027

They define three levels of communication:

(1) the information communicated through the nonlocality of quantum entanglement, which does not permit any detectable signaling, but which produces correlations that are impossible under local hidden variable models. An 'e-bit' is defined as the amount of information contained in an entanglement.

(2) The maximum amount that Bell's inequality (actually the CHSH inequality) can be violated through a nonlocal correlation that does not actually communicate a bit (this is a 'nl-bit'). Basically, they show how to make a machine that violates the inequality even more than quantum mechanics does, by using non-locality but not actually transmitting anything detectable,

(3) superluminal transmission of a real bit from A to B, which is a real signal, but physically impossible (so far).

They then demonstrate a measure > such that:
    real bit > nl-bit > e-bit.

Bruce

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?