Simulation error messages solidworks - invalid goals

In summary: Overall, it is important to ensure that the heat transfer goals are valid in order to accurately compare the simulation results with hand calculations and include them in the discussion section of your report.In summary, when running a simulation on a flat plate heat exchanger, error messages may arise due to vortices forming and invalid heat transfer rate goals. To resolve these issues, adjustments may need to be made to the velocities, geometry, or goals of the system. Additionally, it is best to minimize any vortices to ensure accurate results for comparison and inclusion in the report.
MechEngFrank
I am running a simulation on a flat plate heat exchanger and the solver is coming up with some error messages. The first says that a vortex crosses the pressure opening and the second says that my heat transfer rate goals are invalid. How can I get the heat transfer goals to be valid as I need this result to compare with the hand calculations to include in my discussion section of my report.

Also is the vortex a problem as I've read elsewhere that if the ratio it displays is small it can be ignored, and mine is very small.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
The first error message is likely due to the fact that air is flowing across the plate heat exchanger. This can cause vortices to form, which can interfere with the pressure opening and disrupt the flow of heat. To resolve this issue, you may need to adjust the inlet and outlet velocities, or change the geometry of the plate heat exchanger.The second error message is likely due to the fact that the heat transfer rate goals you have set are not achievable given the parameters of the system. You may need to adjust the goals you have set to ensure they are physically possible, and then re-run the simulation. If the vortex is very small, it should be possible to ignore it, although it is best to try and minimize it if possible.

1. What does "Simulation error messages solidworks - invalid goals" mean?

The error message "Simulation error messages solidworks - invalid goals" usually appears when there are issues with the goals set in your simulation. This could mean that the goals are not properly defined or that they are conflicting with each other.

2. How can I fix the "Simulation error messages solidworks - invalid goals" issue?

To fix this error, you will need to review and revise the goals set in your simulation. Make sure that they are properly defined and do not conflict with each other. You may also need to adjust the settings or parameters of your simulation to avoid this error.

3. Can I ignore the "Simulation error messages solidworks - invalid goals" error?

It is not recommended to ignore this error as it could affect the accuracy and reliability of your simulation results. It is best to address the issue and fix the error to ensure the validity of your simulation.

4. Are there any common reasons for getting the "Simulation error messages solidworks - invalid goals" error?

The most common reasons for this error are incorrect goal definition, conflicting goals, and incorrect simulation settings. It is important to carefully review these factors when troubleshooting this error.

5. Can third-party add-ins cause the "Simulation error messages solidworks - invalid goals" error?

Yes, third-party add-ins can sometimes interfere with the simulation goals and cause this error. It is recommended to disable any add-ins and run the simulation again to see if the error persists. If the error disappears, then it is likely caused by the add-in and you may need to contact the developer for assistance.