Where Can I Find Simulation Learning Resources for Comsol Multiphysics?

In summary, the speaker had trouble performing a simulation on Comsol Multiphysics and was looking for resources to learn how to use the program. They mentioned the expensive training offered by Comsol and asked for suggestions on alternative resources such as books, forums, and blogs. They also mentioned using the Comsol manual and model library for learning.
carllacan
Hi!

I recently tried to perform a simulation of a physical process on Comsol Multiphysics (namely I tried ot find the harmonics of a musical instrument) and I felt incredibly lost at it. I'm normally good with computer programs, and I knew the overall physics of it, but I didn't even know where to start, and I couldn't find any good information on google.

Could you point me to some places where I can learn how to use this kind of programs?

Thank you for your time.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Comsol offers all sorts of training but they are a bit expensive if you're a student. They're generally intended for the industry professional who's company picks up the cost.
http://www.comsol.com/events/?type[]=course

Yes, right now I can't spend much money. I was thinking on books, forums, blogs, maybe similar opensource programs...

The comsol manual is very good, with nice step-by-step tutorials.

Have you worked through any of the examples?

I did, and I managed to obtain the same results, but I'm not sure I learned how to perform a simulation from scratch. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

maybe you should learn it from the model library. start with the model library that contain sound modular.

1. What is simulation learning?

Simulation learning is a teaching method that involves creating a virtual or simulated environment to mimic real-world scenarios and allows learners to practice skills and knowledge in a safe and controlled setting.

2. What are the benefits of using simulation learning resources?

Simulation learning resources offer several benefits, including providing a hands-on learning experience, allowing for repeated practice and feedback, promoting critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and reducing risks and costs associated with real-world training.

3. How are simulation learning resources developed?

Simulation learning resources are developed by subject matter experts and instructional designers who work together to identify learning objectives, design the simulation environment, and create realistic scenarios and challenges for learners to navigate.

4. What types of skills can be learned through simulation learning resources?

Simulation learning resources can be used to teach a wide range of skills, including technical skills like medical procedures and engineering processes, as well as soft skills like communication, teamwork, and decision-making.

5. How can simulation learning resources be integrated into traditional education?

Simulation learning resources can be integrated into traditional education through various methods, such as incorporating them into lectures or lab sessions, using them as part of assessments, or offering them as optional supplemental learning materials for students to use outside of class.