Simulation learning resources

1. Hi!

I recently tried to perform a simulation of a physical process on Comsol Multiphysics (namely I tried ot find the harmonics of a musical instrument) and I felt incredibly lost at it. I'm normally good with computer programs, and I knew the overall physics of it, but I didn't even know where to start, and I couldn't find any good information on google.

Could you point me to some places where I can learn how to use this kind of programs?

Thank you for your time.
  2. jcsd
  3. Q_Goest

Q_Goest 2,989
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Comsol offers all sorts of training but they are a bit expensive if you're a student. They're generally intended for the industry professional who's company picks up the cost.[]=course
  4. Yes, right now I can't spend much money. I was thinking on books, forums, blogs, maybe similar opensource programs...
  5. f95toli

f95toli 2,472
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The comsol manual is very good, with nice step-by-step tutorials.

Have you worked through any of the examples?
  6. I did, and I managed to obtain the same results, but I'm not sure I learned how to perform a simulation from scratch. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.
  7. maybe you should learn it from the model library. start with the model library that contain sound modular.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted