Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simulation of poroelastic material with COMSOL Multiphysics

1. Jun 12, 2015 #1
    Good morning,
    I was wondering if you could help me solve a problem with a poroelastic model with COMSOL Multiphysics.
    It is a very simple model preliminary to my real study to understand the role of Poisson's ratio on the simulation, keeping all other parameters constant.
    The model is a two-dimensional poroelastic model constituted by a circle with a circular cavity inside subjected to a radial pressure .
    Being the model poroelastic, I expect that the internal pressure generates a movement of fluid and in particular I expect the material area not increase but actually with coefficients poisson low there is an increase in surface. I can not understand the physical sense of this increase in surface area. What generates the increase in surface area?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook