Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simulink help

1. May 9, 2009 #1
    Hi,

I have a project due that has to be done in Simulink.

I am somewhat familiar with Simulink, but some things dont make sense to me.

First off, What determines the time step between each iteration? eg. when you have a clock in the model, what determines the change in time from one iteration to the next?

I remember working with a model once, and changing something in the model changed the sampling frequency for some reason, shich makes no sense to me.

Thanks

Raman

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2009 #2
    You can change the step size in the settings of the menu bar along with what kind of numeric solver it uses. i.e. ode45,ode23, etc.

4. May 10, 2009 #3
    So if I have a input array which is to be used in the system, then I have to make sure the values in the input array are spaced the same time apart as the step size I specify in Simulink Options?

5. May 12, 2009 #4
    How do I add an imput variable that is not a constant?

I have an array of values that I want the system to use, but I dont know how to get it to read the array one element at a time (each iteration I want it to take in one value from the array, and as it goes on it will read down the array).

Thanks

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  6. May 12, 2009 #5
    I'm not sure, I would google that or look on the mathworks website. It may well be that simulink just interpolates points if it needs to.

7. May 12, 2009 #6
    Again, a question for the mathworks forums.

8. May 16, 2009 #7
    thanks i was able to solve itl its jsut the "from workspace" block.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook