1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simulink: read parameter from Matlab workspace

1. Oct 23, 2011 #1
    Beginner's Simulink problem:

I have made a Simulink model of a motor-reduction gear-conveyor belt system which outputs velocity (v) and acceleration (a) of the conveyor belt. The reduction gear ratio (i) is a value in a Constant block.

My next task is to make a simple optimization of the gear ratio for maximum acceleration using the Simulink model. The optimization task is supposed to be a .m-file so I was thinking of writing a script that runs the simulation with a set of different gear ratios. To do this I have to import a new value for the gear ratio into the model for each simulation. However I can't find out how to do this. Any help?

I tried to use google but I did not find any solution simple enough for me to understand...

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?