Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Since I've pissed off the landlord, how about the neighbor too?

1. Sep 12, 2008 #1
    I'm telling you all there might be something wrong with me. I've only been broken up with my girlfriend for what? 3 days? I just hit on my ugly, old neighbor. It wasn't a very serious offer, but there was definitely a sexual undertone to the whole thing. I'm pathetic sometimes. So, Evo, what are you doing later?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2008 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Oh, man! Trib, you are cruisin' for a bannin'. Evo may be older than you but is she old and ugly? Hope you're wearing your cast-iron panties, bud.

4. Sep 12, 2008 #3
    never said she was. Just trying to reclaim my right to hit on someone beautiful after the neighbor fiasco.

5. Sep 12, 2008 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Right now I am trapped at work because of a tornado.

I gave my house keys to the Evo Child this morning so she could make a set for herself. I called her two hours ago (when there was no tornado), to bring me the keys, she was supposed to be just down the block from my office. No, she decided to go to Lawrence, where there has also been a tornado and there appears to be NO END to the line of severe storms coming north between Lawrence and Kansas City.

Right now I am REALLY ANGRY.

[/END RANT]

[RESTART RANT]Did I mention that for the last hour an ear splitting siren has been on in the building????

6. Sep 12, 2008 #5
    you going to have to break your arm, i mean window, to get in your house?

7. Sep 12, 2008 #6

Evo

I can't even get out of the building. Sometime tonight, if the storms stop, the EVO Child will have to drive here.

Did I mention that I'M REALLY ANGRY???

8. Sep 12, 2008 #7
    What do you mean you can't get out of the building? Ever locked yourself inside your car too?

9. Sep 12, 2008 #8

Evo

They've locked us inside for our protection. I'm hiding at my desk because my designated tonado safety area is the bathroom. I am NOT sitting in the bathroom for 2 hours. :grumpy:

10. Sep 12, 2008 #9
    take a book and go to the bathroom. 2 hours? I can do 2 hours in the bathroom standing on my head.

11. Sep 12, 2008 #10

Borek

I think you are locked inside for Evo Child protection, they hope once you will be left free you will be too tired to kill her.

12. Sep 12, 2008 #11

Evo

I don't have a book.

I am NOT HAPPY.

13. Sep 12, 2008 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Most people choose to sit if they're going to be in the bathroom for 2 hours. :uhh:

You've already broken up with your girlfriend? Geez, and you just told us you had one less than a week ago! Did her kid need a lesson on the impermanence of relationships that badly? (Is he still seeing the girl he had to buy a glass rose for? :uhh:)

14. Sep 12, 2008 #13

Borek

15. Sep 12, 2008 #14

Astronuc

But you have PF! And there are plenty of books online, as Borek mentioned.

Sorry you're having such a bad day. Hang in there.

16. Sep 12, 2008 #15

Evo

I'm home now. It was that constant blaring siren interrupted by the voice telling us to take cover that just about did me in. The Security people finally announced (after almost two hours and probably numerous death threats) that they were going to turn the alarm off, but that we were to not leave until they gave us the all clear. Like we could have left with an armed security guard blocking the exit.

17. Sep 12, 2008 #16

Astronuc

I should have looked at the time before I responded.

Glad your home safely.

18. Sep 12, 2008 #17

Evo

I haven't been home that long.

19. Sep 12, 2008 #18

Astronuc

Well - you're safe so far.

Maybe you could find the couch and stay there - don't move. :smile:

20. Sep 13, 2008 #19

turbo

Gold Member

Remember: nothing sharp, nothing pointy, nothing too hot or too cold, nothing heavy, nothing volatile or flammable. Did I miss anything?

21. Sep 13, 2008 #20
    what if you really had to go? What kind of gulag do you work at anyway?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?