Singing~ I wanna feel your body

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Body
In summary, the person wants to meet someone in real life, but is unsure if there are any other PFers in the area. They suggest gathering together local PFers, but cautions against meeting with someone who is underage.
tribdog
I'm bored. I want to meet someone. Who lives in Arizona and posts here? I'm not talking about a sexual meeting, just want to see someone. For all I know there are only two people who post here: me and someone posing as everyone else.

Physics news on Phys.org
That raises another related question, has anyone here ever met up with another PFer in real life? I mean other than those you knew before coming here and got hooked on the site with you.

One of my friends met her husband online, he's an admin of an even geekier board than this one (and in real life, it's completely obvious why the board is so geeky). At their wedding, they had a number of people attend who they were meeting in real life for the first time, but were good internet friends (okay, to me that might be a bit too far...no offense anyone, but if I'm going to meet you in real life, I'm not coughing up a wedding gift on our first meeting).

It would be cool to have some local gatherings of PFers. For instance, I know Gokul lives only about 2 hours from where I live. Maybe there are others within a reasonable driving distance of either Cincinnati or Columbus that we could get together for a PF gathering one evening or weekend. Who knows, maybe some of you all are in the same classes or universities or run into each other in the same conferences and don't even know it!

tribdog, I've never explored any of the southwestern part of the US, so if I get that job at A&M, I'll definitely be planning some road trips to nearby states. And I already know there are a handful of people in the general vicinity of A&M as well, so we'll have to get together if I move there too!

I talk to Zooby on the phone sometimes, but we have never met in person.

I know there's a big PF cluster on Oregon, but I don't know if those folks have ever met up. if we ever had a PF party somewhere Vegas, I might be willing to fly out.

The Oregon Mentors (Myself & wife, Ivan & Tsu, Kerrie & Husband, and Janus) finally got together over coffee and brew a few weeks ago. It was very enjoyable evening. We are all looking forward to doing it again.

Ivan and I first got together something over a year ago so we are getting to be old friends!

Last edited:
Integral said:
The Oregon Mentors (Myself & wife, Ivan & Tsu, Kerrie & Husband, and Janus) finally got together over coffee and brew a few weeks ago. It was very enjoyable evening. We are all looking forward to doing it again.

That sounds really cool!

I think I'll toss in one caveat about meetings for the safety of our younger members...if you're under 18, please don't meet in person with someone you only know online unless you're accompanied by a parent or guardian or go in a large group to a public location! There are predators out there, and while I don't want to believe they would be members of PF, you really can never be certain, so play it safe.

End of public service announcement.

Moonbear,

That is a very important warning. Ivan and I first met in a public place, (Home Depot and Hot dogs!)

Integral said:
Ivan and I first met in a public place, (Home Depot and Hot dogs!)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My older daughter (the one that was online last night, she's not the one I use as my avatar sometimes) met her current boyfriend through the internet. He lived in another state, but it turned out that his aunt and uncle are both professors at the University here and he relocated to be with her. My younger daughter met another girl that lives nearby but attends a different school, and they're very close friends now. You can meet really nice, wonderful people online.

The internet allows you meet to meet great people with similar interests that just wouldn't be possible otherwise. The problem is that they're often not near you. :frown:

Good warning Moonbear, I think using a bit of common sense is necessary.

http://img102.exs.cx/img102/5601/HONESTY1.jpg

Thanks for answering my question. sheesh. I'm used to being ignored on other peoples threads but I started this one, that should count for somthing.

tribdog said:
Thanks for answering my question. sheesh. I'm used to being ignored on other peoples threads but I started this one, that should count for somthing.

We're not ignoring you, just helping to keep the thread near the top of the list until someone from AZ shows up. :biggrin:

lol, how considerate. Forgive me.

tribdog said:
lol, how considerate. Forgive me.

Just remember who your friends are when you win the lottery. :rofl:

When I was in college in Oregon my roommate and I would buy a lottery ticket every week. This one guy who lived in the dorms as well would walk by our room right before the drawing and throw a dime through our door and say "I get 10%" I hated him.

I think I'm the only one from South Carolina here.

tribdog said:
When I was in college in Oregon my roommate and I would buy a lottery ticket every week. This one guy who lived in the dorms as well would walk by our room right before the drawing and throw a dime through our door and say "I get 10%" I hated him.

If you and someone else split a lottery ticket and it won, could you refund their 50 cents and not have to split the prize?

You went to college in Oregon? How many PFers here have been in OR? Is this website address written all over the bathroom walls there or something?

Chrono said:
I think I'm the only one from South Carolina here.
lol, probably. I've been to South Carolina and I'd be suprised if anyone from there showed up here.

Moonbear said:
If you and someone else split a lottery ticket and it won, could you refund their 50 cents and not have to split the prize?

You went to college in Oregon? How many PFers here have been in OR? Is this website address written all over the bathroom walls there or something?
It doesn't mean much. I went to college at Weber State University, Utah, Mesa Community College-Arizona, UNR-Nevada, BSU-Idaho, SOSC-Oregon.

tribdog said:
It doesn't mean much. I went to college at Weber State University, Utah, Mesa Community College-Arizona, UNR-Nevada, BSU-Idaho, SOSC-Oregon.

A little trouble with committment? :rofl:

lol, I kept getting kicked out of the dorms. (true)
I like to see new places.(true)
My professors were just jealous of my genius.(what do you think)

tribdog said:
lol, I kept getting kicked out of the dorms. (true)
I like to see new places.(true)
My professors were just jealous of my genius.(what do you think)

Oh, I was guessing it might have been the hoard of angry women chasing you out of town with torches and pitchforks. Or maybe that's what #1 on your list was all about. :rofl:

Janitor's the only one here that I know is from AZ.

Gokul43201 said:
Janitor's the only one here that I know is from AZ.

No wonder tribdog is so lonely in AZ, I think he's the only one who lives there! :eek: I don't know anyone other than him who lives in AZ or is from there either. Well, him and all the senior citizens heading there to spend their twilight years golfing.

All I know of Arizona is that it's a big desert.

tribdog said:

:confused: :confused:

http://www.sosc.org/

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tsunami said:
:confused: :confused:

http://www.sosc.org/

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll see your :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
and raise you a :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Suddenly it all makes sense. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Moonbear said:
I'll see your :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
and raise you a :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Suddenly it all makes sense. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HELP!

Integral said:

Absolutely! No kidding, this is one really great group of people. We had a very good time.

Ivan and I first got together something over a year ago so we are getting to be old friends!

In fact it goes back even further. Integral and I went through the same physics department and had most of the same professors. We even went back a paid a visit together. It seems so strange that we should hook up on the net - being that we live all of twenty miles apart. :uhh:

I'm looking forward to next week.

Ivan Seeking said:
It seems so strange that we should hook up on the net - being that we live all of twenty miles apart. :uhh:

That's okay, one of my other friends met her current boyfriend online. She actually dared to use one of those dating services, which seems more like meeting random strangers in bars than meeting someone with common interests. Anyway, the funny part of it is he went to the same high school as us and was only a year ahead of us, but we never knew him back then!

tribdog said:
lol, probably. I've been to South Carolina and I'd be suprised if anyone from there showed up here.

That must be why they all call me weird here.

Chrono said:
That must be why they all call me weird here.
Yeah sure, that's what makes you weird. Right.

Humanino :!) Evo

tribdog said:
Yeah sure, that's what makes you weird. Right.

You think so, too?

1. What is the meaning behind the lyrics "I wanna feel your body"?

The lyrics "I wanna feel your body" can have different interpretations depending on the context of the song. It could be a romantic or sexual desire to physically connect with someone, or it could also represent a desire for emotional intimacy and connection with another person.

2. Who wrote the song "Singing~ I wanna feel your body"?

The song "Singing~ I wanna feel your body" was written by American singer-songwriter George Michael. It was released in 1987 as part of his debut solo album "Faith".

3. What genre does "Singing~ I wanna feel your body" belong to?

The song "Singing~ I wanna feel your body" is classified as a pop and R&B song. It incorporates elements of funk and soul music as well.

4. Has "Singing~ I wanna feel your body" won any awards?

Yes, the song "Singing~ I wanna feel your body" has won several awards including the American Music Award for Favorite Soul/R&B Single and the MTV Video Music Award for Best Editing in a Video in 1988.

5. Is there a music video for "Singing~ I wanna feel your body"?

Yes, there is a music video for "Singing~ I wanna feel your body". It was directed by Andy Morahan and features George Michael performing the song in a crowded dance club.