Single or not?

• Thread starter Moses
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Polly said:
Chrono, what are you doing here?! You should be out practising your girl-chasing skills, chop chop now. :biggrin:

Polly, poor Chrono has no problem with his girl-chasing skills, it's the girl-catching skills he's been having trouble with...or more that he keeps catching the wrong ones. It seems to be a bit of an epidemic around here.

Polly said:
Chrono, what are you doing here?! You should be out practising your girl-chasing skills, chop chop now. :biggrin:

What skills? I don't think I have those.

Moonbear said:
Polly, poor Chrono has no problem with his girl-chasing skills, it's the girl-catching skills he's been having trouble with...or more that he keeps catching the wrong ones. It seems to be a bit of an epidemic around here.

Moonbear knows all about what's happend with my "skills".

Moonbear said:

A kindred spirit!!

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I must agree with getting the wrong girls all the time.

I meet lots of cool ones but I would have to say none of them fit my description, which is a flexible one.

As a math major, it is very hard to meet girls that will accept a math guy. Most of the time they will try and poorly convince you that other programs are better or math is a waste of time.

I'm not saying they wouldn't go out with me, but to talk and have conversations that, in my opinion, are lame is not what I am looking for.

Talking about music is not practical since I never pay attention to it. Same for movies. Same for any type of gossip.

I talk to girls, but if I were to spend more time with a girl, we would run out of topics or something. It doesn't happen often I don't think, but I just don't like the idea of bumping my intellectual down just so I can have a conversation. I'm NOT saying they are stupid, but they just simply don't like to think anymore than they have too.

With my last girlfriend, conversations weren't a problem because all we did was ****. I'm down with that, but those types of relationships can cause problems and waste time (well not waste...).

Last edited:
My dilemma with women:

I can find attractive ones who will date me. But they're not much for conversation.

I can find smart ones that will date me. But i don't find them attractive.

I only met one ever that was both, that relationship certainly didn't go the way i would have liked.

Further, the attractive and non-conversational ones seem to get eviler the more attractive they are.

Now I can't date someone i'm not attracted to, it jsut doesn't work. BUt dating the average bump on the log, no matter how attractive, isn't very appealing either.

I sound like my friends now...dear god.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
franznietzsche said:
My dilemma with women:

I can find attractive ones who will date me. But they're not much for conversation.

I can find smart ones that will date me. But i don't find them attractive.

I only met one ever that was both, that relationship certainly didn't go the way i would have liked.

Further, the attractive and non-conversational ones seem to get eviler the more attractive they are.

Now I can't date someone i'm not attracted to, it jsut doesn't work. BUt dating the average bump on the log, no matter how attractive, isn't very appealing either.

I sound like my friends now...dear god.

:rofl: :rofl:

Just have patience, it takes a little longer to find them, but they are out there.

Moonbear said:
:rofl: :rofl:

Just have patience, it takes a little longer to find them, but they are out there.

WEll as i said, i did find one, it jsut didn't work out, so unless the odds are worse than 7 billion to one, there's potetially at least one other...

That reads way more depressing than it should.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
franznietzsche said:
WEll as i said, i did find one, it jsut didn't work out, so unless the odds are worse than 7 billion to one, there's potetially at least one other...

I sure hope the odds are better than that!

21 and single. Have been single for close to 5 years now.

My hope was just greatly diminished.

Yeah, so i am not the only one in my suffering...

The thingy which i hate my self about is that i loved my ex, and it still has a fixed position in my mind, i was stupid that i adjusted my mind to look at one girl only..i am deadly seroius that i find some ones attractive and they like me, but i am used to the idea that i have that girl and thats sit...

It might not mkae sense for some...but this is the sad thingy as what it is :cry: She gave me an Axe in my Skull, but thx Lord since my skull is strong enough not to be broken :rolleyes:

Still life goes one...[ I heard it somewhere.....where...where?...i forgot :biggrin: ]

I don't think I will ever cease loving him.

Polly said:
I don't think I will ever cease loving him.

I'm sorry, its a painful state.

It's not painful, it's wasteful. We could have become friends if he would only tell me, and what good friends we would be. But this stupid man has to disappear. Well he could have been abducted by aliens, I would never know.

Well, in general that doesn't work. Women always seem to think that being friends is both desirable and possible, and it is rarely either. Sometimes, but rarely.

especially if your hot. then it's impossible.

Smurf said:
especially if your hot. then it's impossible.

That sounds more callous than it should, bu basically is true.

I can't be friends with someone i want to date, because that desire doesn't just go away. It stays there. And i can't usually be friends with an ex. An ex i left, keeps wanting to date me, and ex that left me i kept wanting to date. It jsut doesn't work.

amwbonfire
Long term relationship :biggrin:

Yes, great point Smurf and Franz. I will mull over it.

Singel for the good of the commuinistic partie and the world :smile: .

LENIN said:
Singel for the good of the commuinistic partie and the world :smile: .

Frightening.

Yeah, immagine a world ruled by someone who represents such bad spelling, our whole world would crash down upon us.

Hey dudes,
I guess LENIN speaks english better than we speak his language, at least i guess so....i might be wrong :biggrin:

You LENIN watz up? I will not discues with you here the communist party nor captalism [both are total failrue in my eyes for humanity]. Still, being aiming to be single is not really good.....

Well, by having a "wife" from the opposite gender, it is good foer the psychological balance in needs, and the biological desires, simply....

I wasn't making fun of his language. I was afraid of the communist part.